Reload this Page >

Phuket and Bangkok

Search

Phuket and Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 06:29 PM
John

Phuket and Bangkok

Hi, I am travelling to Phuket and Bangkok for my honeymoon. A week or more. Bangkok will be over three days (weekend and Monday).<BR><BR>1. Can anyone tell me what I can do in Phuket? We are keen in adventure stuff. <BR><BR>2. I will be staying in Bangtao beach. Is travel to other parts of Phuket a problem? I heard that I can hire my own cab for the wole day. What is the cost like?<BR><BR>3. How about Bangkok? How do I get to Chatuchab market? Is there day tour in Bangkok? Where do they bring you to?

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 12:48 AM
Paige

The weekend market is at the end of one of the Skytrain lines, at the Mochit station, I think. It takes about 15 minutes from Siam Square.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Sarah Rey

Try this site:<BR><BR>http://www.phuketgazette.net<BR><BR>The site has links and inofration all about Phuket which will help.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 07:53 PM
ryan

There is some good scuba diving off Phuket. Also, you might enjoy a kayaking trip to Phang Na Bay (Spelling ?) <BR><BR>A day trip to the Phi Phi Islands via speedboat can be fun. There are a couple of companies that run these trips. Try www.phuket.com. <BR><BR>We were able to book trips at our hotel (The Chedi.)<BR><BR>Tuk-tuks (cabs) are pretty reasonable to and from Bangtao to Patong, etc.<BR><BR>P.S. Try Baan Rim Pa in Patong for a nice dinner. Great location with really good food.<BR><BR>Have a great time.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 04:00 PM
johnchee

thanks for all the help. Look forward to hear more from you guys!

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 10:06 AM
suzanne

John, <BR>If you are adventurous, I highly recommend Sea Canoes (seacanoe.net). I did a 3-day canoeing/kayaking trip from Phuket in November - it was tons of fun! Phang Na Bay may be he most beautiful place on earth. They take you around to small uninhabited islands where they canoe you thru caves and come out into pretty little lagoons. You also do some kayaking on your own. All meals are served on the main boat, and they were the best Thai meals I've ever tasted! We camped out 2 nights on beaches, which isn't exactly my idea of relaxation, but it was well worth it, being in the middle of this beautiful bay. We also did some snorkeling and swinging from "Tarzan vines". The staff was excellent. The boat holds 15 or so travellers, so we got to know each other pretty well. Overall, this was a fantastic experience and perhaps the most memorable thing I've ever done!!