Phuket accomodations anyone?

Old Apr 23rd, 2000, 12:55 PM
Jean-Guy

Phuket accomodations anyone?

Hello everyone,

I am going to Thailand in December 2000/January 2001. I was wondering if anyone that has gone to Phuket could recommend me a nice place to stay that is well located. Something not too expensive. I am staying at the Coconut Village as far as I know. Has anyone heard of it?

I would appreciate any information on this matter.

If anyone else plans on going in December to Thailand, also drop me a line.

Thanks

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 03:13 PM
Robert

When i was in Phuket stay at the Patong Lodge it was clean, short walk to the beach. The room rates are 2000 Baht or 40.00 US. I will be staying there this July. It is a nice place!!!

Old May 29th, 2000, 07:12 AM
curd

the coconut village is a very good place on the southend of patong beachroad. in dec.(mainseason). it will cost normally about 3000 to 3500 baht/night minimum.
for dec. I hardly recommend a reservation of accomodation before arrivel!!
in the phuket gazette you can find cheap rooms: http://www.phuketgazette.net/index.asp
curd

Old May 29th, 2000, 10:19 AM
Meg

We stayed at the Karon Beach Resort a few years ago. Had a room that overlooked the pool and ocean with glass doors leading to a balcony. I think we paid about $60 a night for a double room and that included breakfast. I booked it through asiatravel.com and was very pleased with all the arrangements. Karon Beach is about 10 minutes or so from Patong - very quiet. Enjoy!

Old May 29th, 2000, 03:01 PM
Michae

Patong Bay Garden Resort is the best located and one of the least expensive in Phuket.