Peninsula vs Sheraton

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 06:31 PM
keiko

Peninsula vs Sheraton

<BR>which is better?

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 06:48 PM
Tangata

Which city are you talking about? There are Peninsula and Sheraton hotels in both Bangkok and Hong Kong and probably other places.<BR><BR>In both cities my answer would be the same, the Peninsula.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 07:44 PM
keiko

I was talking Bangkok.<BR>OK...so it's Peninsula, heh? It's better than staying at the Tower at Sheraton, heh?

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:27 AM
deej

keiko - DEFINITELY Peninsula. The high-end Sheratons (luxury collection) are pretty good, but it's hard to beat the Pen for the way they pamper you.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:38 AM
Kathie

Let me vote for staying in the Towers at the Royal Orchid Sheraton. The pampering there is amazing. You have 24 hour butler service, and get breakfast in the club as well as drinks and hors d'ouvres in the evening. The Towers beat out the Oriental for service a few years back (They are always competing with each other in that category.) The Pensula is very nice, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed there, but the level of service is not as personal as that in the Towers.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 10:52 AM
keiko

So...the answer is, you can't go wrong either way. This makes it more difficult actually-- I guess I should just base my decision purely on the cost. I think Peninsula is cheaper than Sheraton Tower, altho I'll check into my Sheraton points to see if I can upgrade.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:00 PM
keiko

if anybody is interested.. <BR>Peninsula from Circleofasia.com is $124 per night (inclusive of tax etc) which is a good deal. I could not find that good a discount for Sheraton Towers--where I did find the cheapest rate was actually from Sheraton. I redeemed those United Airline 50% discount coupons (that's been accumulating).. was able to get a room in the Tower for $130!!! cheaper than from any other site.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:41 PM
Diane

Depends on the month. I've been trying to get a room at the Peninsula, and the lowest rate I can find is $184 for late November. At Sheraton's website, I was able to find a room for $110.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 08:43 PM
keiko

You're right. Peninsula rate is only good to around the end of September.<BR>I can get a room for $110 at Sheraton--in the Main hotel, not in the Tower. It was finding a cheap room in the Tower that took time.

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Giorgio

The Pen by a long shot. It's really good, and if you're going in off-peak season (not Xmas) it has terrific rates. Rooms are large and service is very good. Of the Sheratons I would really stay (if I had to) at the Grande Sukhumvit - not on the river but in the centre of the city and quite nice. Forget the other Sheraton - on the river the Pen, the Oriental and even the Shangri-La are much better !