Passport for Indonesia

Search

Passport for Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passport for Indonesia

Has anyone heard that you need to have your passport issued 6 months prior to traveling in order to enter Indonesia? I called the Indonesian Embassy in Washington D.C, was informed I needed my passport 6 months prior to arriving. Is this true? PLEASE HELP!!!
Old Jun 27th, 2016, 04:47 PM

I think you misunderstood.
https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...indonesia.html
Old Jun 27th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

No I didn't I asked the representative twice and she told me I was wrong, there may have been a language barrier but I thought I should ask the pros.
Old Jun 27th, 2016, 05:38 PM

I think the person you spoke to at the Embassy mixed up "issued" and "expired."

The regulation is that your passport must be valid (cannot expire) within 6 months of your arrival date in Indonesia. For example if you arrive in Indonesia on July 1, 2016 your passport expiration date must be after January 1, 2017.

Airlines are aware of this regulation and will (inconsistently) prevent you from boarding if your passport expires within 6 months.

Since Indonesia will only grant you a 30 day visa on arrival, the 6 month rule is somewhat inexplicable, but, well, welcome to Indonesia!

I would also note that Indonesia's regulation on number of blank visa pages is inconsistently applied. Make sure you have several (4-ish?) blank visa pages. These are pages that are marked "Visa." Other blank pages don't count.
Old Jun 30th, 2016, 08:17 AM

Yes, your passport must have an expiry date at least 6 months beyond your departure date from Indonesia.

They do not accept emergency passports,,or expiry dates under 6 months

A friend of ours here in Australia who holds a British passport was recently forced to fly back to London to renew his, so that he could fly back to Bali to join his wife on their honeymoon.

Our daughter had 5 months remaining on her Australian passport, and has had to renew it so she can travel with us this weekend to visit her brother and his wife in Indonesia.

They make no exceptions.