Pacific Delights

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 07:41 AM
Nikki

Pacific Delights

I saw a few positive comments about Pacific Delights, and decided to contact them by email last week; not having received an answer, I sent another one. Still no response (I know they got my emails since I got a receipt acknowledgement). I must say I am quite disappointed with their non-responsiveness.
If this reflects the way they do business, I don't think I want to deal with them.
Anybody has any thoughts?

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 08:09 AM
Kris

Nikki, we're booked for a tour with them in October, based on a recommendation from friends who really enjoyed their tour with them. Why don't you call the toll free number on their website instead?

Incidentally, they told me they were fully booked when I called so I tried to shop the competitors or plan the trip independently and I couldn't even come close to the price they had or find an equivalent package. My husband called back and got us on the tour although we are waitlisted on the flight coming back. He spoke to someone named Becky who was extremely helpful.

If you're planning on traveling after mid October, I'll let you know how it is when I come back.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 08:28 AM
Nikki

Kris,
Thank you very much for your email. Their being booked is no excuse for their non-responsiveness.
I am looking at other companies since I would like to go in October or November. However, if I come to a dead end, I will plan for next year.
Let me know how you liked your trip upon your return. Any comment is very much appreciated.
Thank you.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 01:31 PM
Kris

Nikki, I agree with you about the non-response. Maybe they just aren't computer savvy or maybe they are booked and ignoring you. Either way it's not good.

My time frame was very limited (can only travel for a week, week and 1/2 at most) so Pacific Delight had an optimal trip for me, 8 days in Beijing. You don't say where you are going but if it's China, Frommer's is always talking about China Focus as a good value. And I think I saw a plug on this board for China Discovery Tours.

Good luck!

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 06:00 PM
carolyn

Nikki,

I work for Pacific Delight Tours, and am disappointed with this news as I am repsonsible for handling all the e-mails that come into Pacific Delight. Sometimes we are provided the wromg e-mail address, and we continue to respond and the message bounces back. It's always a good idea to provide your phone number in addition to your e-mail address. Every e-mail that we receive is personally responded to the same day - even weekends.

We still have space on many of our tours during this year's peak season, although some of our tours are sold out due to the great prices and quality that we offer. Please rest assured that we value each and every customer.

Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected], or [email protected]. I can be reached at 1-800-221-7179, and our phone center hours are from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM. We look forward to working with you.

Carolyn

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 11:16 AM
cynthia

I heavily researched my first trip to China for June 2001. Part of my trip was to be with a tour company and I thoroughly researched all available companies. I selected Pacific Delight, and was completely satisfied.

Friends of mine use RITZ TOURS, and are completely satisfied.