out 2 Weeks Were Amazing in Kuala Lumper

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2023, 01:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Day 1: Arrived in Kuala Lumpur after a long flight. Checked into my hotel and took a nap to recover from jetlag. In the evening, I went to Petaling Street and wandered around the bustling night market trying all kinds of Malaysian street food like satay, nasi lemak, and cendol for dessert.

Day 2: Started the day with a traditional Malaysian breakfast of nasi lemak and kaya toast at a local coffee shop. Then I visited the Batu Caves, climbing the 272 steps to see the impressive Hindu shrines set in the limestone caves. In the afternoon, I explored Little India and ate my weight in fluffy roti canai and rich curries at Restoran Yusoof dan Zakhir.

Day 3: Headed to the famous Petronas Twin Towers, the iconic landmark of Kuala Lumpur. I went up to the Skybridge linking the two towers and got some amazing city views. Then I treated myself to afternoon tea at the Traders Hotel next door which was an elegant experience. In the evening, I indulged in a mouthwatering dinner of char kway teow, crispy fried chicken and fresh watermelon juice.

Day 4: Decided to escape the city and took a day trip to Malacca, a historical town known for its multicultural influences. Walked around the preserved colonial architecture such as Christ Church and the ruins of St Paul's Church. Enjoyed a Peranakan lunch of laksa and otak-otak. On the way back, stopped at a roadside stall to try the famous durian, known as the king of fruits in Malaysia.

Day 5: Headed out early to the Batu Caves again, this time to watch the monkeys up close. Those mischievous monkeys really kept me on my toes! In the afternoon, I chose to relax at the KLCC Park and walked through the lush green gardens before doing some shopping at the Suria KLCC Mall. At night, I checked out Jalan Alor and ate my fill at the bustling food street.

Day 6: Island hopped to Pulau Ketam (Crab Island) off the coast of Port Klang. Wandered around the colorful fishing village on stilts and enjoyed a meal of freshly caught seafood. In the evening, returned to Kuala Lumpur and went on a unique cultural outing - watched traditional shadow puppet theater at a small venue.

Day 7: Today I explored KL Forest Eco Park right in the middle of the city. Hiked through the jungle trails and saw different species of monkeys and birds. After working up an appetite, I headed to Kampung Baru and tried the specialty nasi dagang with fish curry and pickles. As the sun set, I went on a city architecture tour and saw KL's diverse mix of Moorish, Mughal, Tudor and modern influences.

Day 8: In the morning, I visited Central Market and hunted for unique Malaysian handicrafts and souvenirs. I bargained hard and got some good deals! Then I took an exciting cooking class and learned to make some classic Malaysian dishes like rendang and laksa. After whipping up a huge feast, we all sat down together and enjoyed the fruits of our labor.

Day 9: Today I chose to visit Taman Negara, Malaysia's oldest rainforest. I went on jungle hikes through the dense forest and crossed the canopy walk, swinging bridges high up in the trees. In the evening, I joined a firefly watching tour. It was magical seeing thousands of fireflies lighting up the pitch black night.

Day 10: My last day in KL began with a visit to the colorful Publika street art murals. Then I spent a few hours soaking in the luxurious atmosphere at the Paradigm Mall before one final Malaysian lunch at the hawker stalls. I tried to squeeze in visiting the National Museum but ran out of time. In the evening, I packed my bags reluctantly and enjoyed one final dinner in KL.

Day 11: Said goodbye to Kuala Lumpur and took a flight back home after an amazing food and fun-filled trip. Malaysia truly exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to come back again someday!
Old Nov 4th, 2023, 05:50 AM

How did you get from KL to Melaka?

Good report, thanks again!!

I am planning Jakarta this year but truly, Malaysia sounds more interesting than places within reach of Jakarta so might shift to focus on that country before Jakarta visit.
Old Nov 4th, 2023, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by ekscrunchy
How did you get from KL to Melaka?

Good report, thanks again!!

I am planning Jakarta this year but truly, Malaysia sounds more interesting than places within reach of Jakarta so might shift to focus on that country before Jakarta visit.
Our friend drive us. It’s like 2 hrs.

from KL Singapore is also very close.

I will tell you that Malaysia is very easy on the US dollar. We liked our time there very much, and would love to return one day.
Old Nov 9th, 2023, 04:39 PM

Thanks for the rundown. A varied, exciting itinerary. I am jealous!