Osaka Hotel Suggestions

Search

Osaka Hotel Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2018, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Osaka Hotel Suggestions

I will be in Osaka in early October with my husband for two nights after a two week tour of Japan. We like to stay in hotels that are at least 3-4 stars and in areas that are safe, and have good access to public transportation if we can't walk to sites of interest. This is our first trip to Japan. marginal neighborhoods. Any suggestions? TIA
Old Apr 6th, 2018, 04:12 AM

We stayed at the ANA Crowne Plaza Osaka using points. The hotel was a 7-min walk to the subway Yodoyabashi station (淀屋橋駅) on the Midosuji line (御堂筋線). Our room was large, service was courteous.
I understand that there are hotels closer to Namba that may be more bustling in the evening.
Old Apr 7th, 2018, 09:33 AM

I was in Osaka a few days ago and while walking towards the Dotombori canal along a very nice avenue I noticed the Nikko Hotel Osaka. This would be in Namba. Lots of high-end shops like Hermès, Prada, ChaneI, etc in its vicinity. I wrote down the name as I really liked the area, we were in Osaka for the day trip from Kyoto. Also because most rooms must have nice views. Namba felt super safe (as everywhere else in Japan). Lots of restaurants too, in all price ranges, and lots of interesting alleys so it's not all high-end. The castle is probably 40-60 minutes away by foot so it's within walking distance, but taxis are very cheap and plentiful in Japan.