One evening in Shanghai

Old Apr 12th, 2016, 02:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One evening in Shanghai

Hello
I'm in Shanghai and was to be taken tomorrow on a small visit of Shanghai but our Chinese colleague fell ill so we are on our own and I didn't do any research.

From previous visits, we have been in the center and visited around our hotels, the malls or shopping streets.

I have passed several times a place with some old chinese builings on the way from the airport : french or european concession ? Worth it ? We're located in Pu Dong and have
1,5 evenings actually - one tomorrow and on the way to Pu Dong airport (concession ? ) for a night flight.

So : where should I go ??
Thanks.
Old Apr 13th, 2016, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Well, good that I'm on Fodors more to give advice than to seek some.

So I will answer my own post :
- go to the Bund, climb on top of the tower there ... the one that is about 500 m high - nice view if not too foggy
- go to yuyuan garden and visit the streets there, buy a scarf for your wife, a doll for your daughter, get lost in
the neighbourhood.

As for tomorrow, I'll find some more info on TripAdvisor I suppose. They have itineraries for one day and review the attractions so you pick the ones that interest you in teir ranking (not always perfect ranking but available).

Thanks to all who, er... didn't answer and could have.
Old Apr 13th, 2016, 08:25 AM

Whathello, after four hours, you decided that no one here would answer your question. The Asia board is not as active as your usual venue, the Europe board, one has to be a bit more patient. Especially as you posted when most of our Asia board posters are asleep.

I hope you enjoy your time in Shanghai.
Old Apr 13th, 2016, 08:47 AM

Few people on this forum visit Shanghai, so hardly surprising that you didn't receive any responses after a mere 4 hours. Given the sarcasm contained in your second post, even if I had been to Shanghai, I doubt I would have replied.
Old Apr 13th, 2016, 01:14 PM

I think I'm late to the party, but our best night in Shanghai was a city lights boat ride which included dinner and an opera performance. It was a private affair w/local dignitaries arranged by colleagues, but I think you can do it on your own. Didn't feel touristy. Otherwise, we loved having dumplings at Din Tai Fung, then having a drink high up in the scifi looking hotels -- the Grand Hyatt or Park Hyatt.
Old Apr 14th, 2016, 04:15 AM

I could add to your plan but I think I'll skip it.
Old Apr 15th, 2016, 12:46 AM
Original Poster

I'd like you to read correctly the time.
There is a 28 hours span between my 2 posts. it is more than one day, not 4 hours....

So when I ask on tuesday what to do on Wednesday, answering on thursday is too late for me.

@kathie and crellston :
I don't care not to have had answers, but telling me I'm rude because you cannot read time if not something I accept.

I now know that I have to write differently (HELP ! need urgent advice) or to not ask (I'not capable of starting a thread with 'HELP' or 'I'm so excited').

@ crsscheck : thanks !
@ canadaChina : I could have written exactly the same, but don't take for granted what others write.

Anyway, I'm back in Europe now and I had a good evening - no prob !

So I'll stick to Europe forum, giving answers and tips. I'm not good for asking...