Nusa Dua Beach Hotel

Old Dec 15th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nusa Dua Beach Hotel

Anyone been here lately ?
I am reserved for 9 nights in February... hoping it's a good place to relax !
Thanks.
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 08:18 PM
mjs

We just returned from Bali two weeks ago and stayed at the NDBH. Had a nice stay and would be happy to answer any questions.
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks mjs ! Restaurants / Evening Dining options ?
Are there good /local restaurants in or around the Nusa Dua Area ?
How are the pools and the beach at NDBH? Happy Holiays !
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 11:08 PM
mjs

The NDBH is a very nice hotel. I would rank it as a 4 star on par with the average Hyatt but not in the same class as Ritz, 4S, Aman etc. Mostly Europeans staying there as we met mostly Brits, French, Danes, Germans, Dutch, Hungarians, Australians, Canadians, Indonesians, Japanese, and Chinese. We met no other Americans. Convenient ATM just next to the front of the hotel.
We had a family room which had one room with a king bed and a second room with a bunk bed. Tile floors, usual Sat TV, Mini bar/frig, and balcony. Moderate size bathroom with one sink, combo bath/shower. Clean. Good AC.
Pool area is quite nice although not in the expansive Grand Wailea Maui mode with water slides etc. Nice lighted path that runs along the beach in front of the NDBH and Sheraton, Westin and Melia. Good security along beach with few hawkers. Nice clean beach with lots of chairs and umbrellas. Water is nice but this is not a great area to swim in as it is shallow 2-3 feet depth for about 100 to 200 meters out until you get to the reef. Inexpensive beach sports activity center for boats taking you out snorkling, water skiing, scuba, parasailing etc. Most activities seem to cost about $15 US.
NDBH has a great brunch which will probably be included with your room. Lots of choices to pick from including lots of fruits, pastries, bacon, sausages, ham, cereals, eggs to order, many fruit juices, tea, coffee, Nasi Goreng, salads, fried rice, noodles, pork and beans........ Staff friendly and helpful. Rajah restaurant excellent and lovely and modest in price by US standards for Bali food. There is also a Japanese restaurant called Maguro that we did not try. There is also a pizza place and a restaurant called Chess that serves sandwiches etc. Easy to walk to the other hotels above and eat so there are many close choices for hotel food which we found to be decent in quality and moderate in price. We did not eat out at the local Warungs in Nusa Dua.
There is a supermarket close by to buy bottled water and snacks. Glass bottled cokes were 25 cents US. Easy to get anywhere as Taxis are very inexpensive. We had a tour guide and driver with van for our party of four so it was simple to get to most places. Jimbaran bay and the seaside seafood restaurants are quite close and it is easy to get to Kuta. Ubud is about an hour drive.
Spa is nice but again not to the standards of the Grand Wailiea in Maui. One hour massage costs $35.
Lots of inexpensive shopping in Bali for clothes, silver jewlery, leather goods, spices, soaps, furniture, pirated DVDs ($1), pirated PS2 games, etc....
This is a very nice place to come and relax. It will be hot and humid. You will most likely need your clothes laundered during your stay and I would have your taxi take you to a local laundry facility where they will wash, dry and fold your clothes in a day for a few dollars.
February will be rainy season so it may rain some during your stay but I understand that it does not tend to rain for hours at a time although it can pour. The south part of Bali is the dry part of Bali so rain should not be too much of a problem. Insects well controlled in Nusa Dua.
I hope this rambling answer to your query will be of some help to you. Do have a good trip. We enjoyed Bali and will return and I trust you too will enjoy your visit.
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

mjs, Thank you for your decription/info, etc... This is of great help !