NEX vs. Limobus

Jul 5th, 2019, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

NEX vs. Limobus

I've searched about 100 threads and checked with rome2rio.com, and still can't decide about the NEX vs. the Limobus from Narita to the New Sanno Hotel in Tokyo. With the NEX, I would have to take a taxi to New Sanno after getting off the NEX but it should take 90 minutes or so. The Limobus will take an extra hour but will drop me right at the hotel. I will only have a carry-on so luggage is not a concern. Which mode of transportation is more comfortable? I do like the idea of seeing more of Tokyo from the bus, but some reviews say it's uncomfortable?
Jul 5th, 2019, 10:40 AM

We opted for the Limobus, as it was easiest - no transfers and the bus brought us right to our hotel. How jet lagged will you be? That always figures into my decision-making about getting from the airport to the hotel.
Jul 5th, 2019, 10:53 AM

The limo buses are less comfortable than the N'Ex. I am 6' 3" with long legs and broad shoulders, so it is an issue for me. There is just not enough room left in the seat next to me for a person over the age of 5 to occupy, so I end up with enough room to be comfortable enough.

The door-to-door service of the limo bus is worth it. Getting a ticket and finding the bus is easy. You get on and then when you get off you are where you want to be. No need to navigate a station to find the taxi stand and no miscommunication with a taxi driver. In your case, you would want to take the Tokyo Metro to Hiro-o station and then the taxi.

I did like the ride from Shinjuku to NRT on my first trip to Japan. I got a better appreciation of the size and scope of the Tokyo metro area. You don't quite grasp it when traveling underground.

I did not like the bus from NRT to the YCAT. That was due to the fact that it was at night and there was traffic. It was disorienting with no way to tell where we were at or how much longer it would last. The unpredictable stop and go motion was uncomfortable.

I definitely would take the limo bus. It is just so easy.
Jul 5th, 2019, 12:11 PM

We did not know until we arrived if we could make the last bus which goes to our hotel so thought we would take NEX. Although immigration lines were very long, we did make the bus, so easy after a 12 hour flight. We used NEX to return to the airport, connecting from Kyoto. Also easy. We shipped our luggage ahead on our return. Everything in Japan worked so well, iimpressive!.
Jul 5th, 2019, 08:55 PM

Bus if you're nervous about transportation. NEX is the way to go for me. I took the bus the first few years of visits to Japan, but NEX is more comfortable & faster.
Jul 6th, 2019, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Well, unfortunately I just realized the last limobus from Narita to my hotel (New Sanno) is at 5 pm, and I land at 4:25 pm, so that's not going to happen! I'll take the NEX to Shinagawa, then a taxi to the hotel.