Reload this Page >

New Years Eve in Bangkok

Search

New Years Eve in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 06:32 AM
marc

New Years Eve in Bangkok

Hi, we are looking for some place to have a fantastic dinner (buffet?)on new years eve.<BR>We don´t wont dinner dancing and dress code like you have to wear a smoking.<BR>Thai food is prefered and the location should be nice.<BR>Do you have any experiences being in BKK on the 31.12. - please share them with me.<BR>Thanks<BR>Marc

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 09:45 AM
Neil

marc<BR>Being stuck in a restaurant on n.y.e. is not the place to be. out on the streets is were its at, I was in Bangkok last new years eve, and O WHAT A NIGHT,every hotel and restaurant will be empty,their will be live music from all over the world set up around the trade centre, stalls of every kind of food you could think of and safe to eat from, beer tents set out next to each other selling their own brands i.e heinekin, stella, carlsberg, etc,street markets open till dawn breaks,and at midnight a breathtaking firework display, no sorry, you have the wrong type of evening planned, take my word go with the flow, soak up the atmosphere and the friendliness of the locals and your in for a treat.<BR><BR>have a ball

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 06:40 PM
Pas

Most of the riverside hotels have al fresco buffets on their terraces on New Year's Eve. Generally, it is only the Oriental who enforces a dress code - though at 14000 Baht/person one might feel like dressing up. The other hotels are somewhat cheaper - Peninsula, Royal Orchid Sheraton, Shangri-La and Marriott Riverside. There are also the dinner cruise boats, some of whom have buffets.<BR>The main firework display is on the river at midnight near the major hotels.

Old Dec 16th, 2001, 06:30 AM
pat

New year's eve countdown has been staged at the world trade centre for 2 consecutive years, however this year there may be another countdown or similar activities on Silom Road which will be closed for the traffic since Dec 30th.<BR>This year it has a 4-day holidays, so bangkok may be a bit quiet, i hope!

Old Dec 16th, 2001, 10:18 AM
marc

Dear Pat,<BR>does this mean shops will be closed for 4 days?<BR>Thanks for your reply<BR>Marc

Old Dec 16th, 2001, 10:48 PM
pat

Marc<BR>What i tried to tell you was there may be many people leaving the city for their holidays, and the traffic within bangkok will be less congested than its infamous situations. Many shops, i mean big department stores are usually open during the holidays.<BR>Welcome to this city of angels.