Reload this Page >

Nasu/Tochigi in Japan

Search

Nasu/Tochigi in Japan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 04:43 PM
mast

Nasu/Tochigi in Japan

Hi!<BR>My friend has a resort located at Nasu/Tochigi in Japan, he is willing to let me stay there for a week. But I couldn't find any informations on this place. Can anybody help? If we use this resort as a base, where can we visit for day trip? Is Nov/Dec a good season to visit? How to get to Nasu from Tokyo airport?<BR><BR>Many thanks and regards,<BR><BR>mast

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 08:42 PM
Florence

Tochigi-Ken is well known for its natural scenery and mountain resorts. It is rarely visited by foreign tourists and is much more "Japanese" than most places they usually go to. It is 180 km North from Tokyo and can be reached by Tohoku Shinkansen (bullet train) in about 1 hour, more for Nasu itself. You'll need a JR railpass in order to minimise the cost of daytrips. I've never been to Nasu but it looks like a pleasant place with lots of things to visit. You'll find all kinds of informations at:<BR><BR>http://nasu.shokokai-tochigi.or.jp/english/e_1.htm <BR><BR>November in Tochigi means autumn foliage, a real delight, december is New Year preparation, a festive time.

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 08:43 PM
Florence

I forgot to say that Nikko is in Tochigi too

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 12:04 AM
mast

Thanks for the info, Florence. May I know what is the best mode of transport for day trips?<BR><BR>thanks again,<BR><BR>mast

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 12:33 AM
Florence

Almost every single Japanese town, village, or collection of more than 3 garden shacks is connected to some public Public transportation by train and/or busses, which makes moving around really easy. Ask the Tourist information center at the airport, or JNTO, for timetables. <BR><BR>If you think you can handle driving on the left, maybe renting a car would be more convenient for visiting out of the way places, but I wouldn't attempt to drive in any large city.