Accommodation in Negombo, Sri Lanka

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2019, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need recommedations for accommadation for 3 people (2 rooms) for one night in Negombo in late July. We will be arriving late at night. Consequently, it doesn't need to be anything special but clean and accessible at about midnight. We only want to pay about USD100 for each room for the night. I'm open to hotels, B&B's and AirBnb although the late arrival might be problematic for the last 2. Recommendations for lunch or things to do in Negombo to fill in the morning and afternoon would be appreciated as well.
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 09:01 PM

I have the perfect place for you, where I stayed in September, 2017. It's called the Vila Kapuru, and the owner, whose name is Denis, uses this email: [email protected]. I also see that they now have a website. Anyway, it's a British guy who co-owns it with some Sri Lankans, and he actually installed enclosed showers in the newly renovated rooms. The hotel is simple, with a nice breakfast, but nothing fancy. I would say that it's a cut above what I have found in that price range in Asia because there seems to be lots of TLC there.

I was only at the hotel for a few hours. I arrived around midnight, and left at 9 AM the following morning with my driver. The only mishap I had was that the late night guy who checked me in failed to give me the internet password, and I forgot to ask him. By the time I realized it, he disappeared.

Regarding what to do with your time, it all depends on your interests. I know that the beach is there, and the hotel has a small pool. If you are interested in seeing Colombo, I would have a pre arranged driver pick you up in the morning. That is what I would do, since I'm not a beach person.

Hope that helps. I am proofing my Indonesia trip report, should be up this week.
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

California Lady, thanks for the recommendation. It looks like a place that would suit me very well.
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 08:52 PM

You're welcome, shandy. Be sure and find out where the late check-in guy is hanging out during the night. In addition to not getting the wifi password, I remember that the toilet paper roll was quite low. Otherwise, the place is quite adequate for a short stay. They have buffalo curd for breakfast, which is quite tasty, especially with some honey mixed in. They also give you a choice of eggs and some toast, all served out by the pool

I just remembered that my driver actually lives in Negombo, so if he's free, he might be able to take you around for the day. Here is his contact information.

Steven

[email protected]