Motorbike Cambodia Long Distances

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2023, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, I'm an experienced motorcyclist having ridden extensively in rural and urban India, Nepal, and Vietnam.

In these other countries I have rented various motorbikes (125cc-500cc) and traveled widely solo. Several rental agencies in Siem Reap have told me I cannot ride outside the city (but have not given reasons). From what I have read, there have been a lot of changes in motorcycle rental restrictions in Cambodia and Siem Reap in recent years.

QUESTION: Doe anyone have recent experience wtih renting a motorbike in either Siem Reap or Phnom Penh and traveled between cities? Does anyone know of a reliable rental company, preferably in Siem Reap, that will rent for long distance travel?

Thanks!
Old Nov 17th, 2023, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is right; if you rent a scooter or bike in SR, you CANNOT take it out of the city, even to go to Battambang., order of the really stupid local police ! You can do it from Phnom Penh (excellent rental company SO CHEA 417Eo, Monivong BLD (NOT the one next to it, their machines are all rotten)