Mid range hotel near FACE?

Old Nov 14th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mid range hotel near FACE?

Hi Ya'all. My husband, our 11 year old daughter and myself will have one last night in BKK before flying back to the states and I really would like to eat at FACE. I still have to make a hotel reservation for our last night and am wondering if anyone has a good idea for our stay. So any good hotels near FACE? Don't mind spending $100 for our last night. We will be coming in from Samui all tanned and rested... ahhhh I can't wait!!
Old Nov 14th, 2005, 04:20 PM

Majestic Grande? We're trying it in January, so can't report yet, but seems nice and the price is oh so right.

Also, the Davis and the Conrad have excellent rates.

You can easily taxi to FACE from anywhere so maybe pick a hotel you like and will be comfortable in.
Old Nov 14th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Kim,

I have emailed the Davis twice with no response from them... maybe they don't want to book just one night?? I would like to stay there though... I have not heard of the Conrad before... i will do a little checking on the Conrad and the Majestic...Thanks.
Old Nov 14th, 2005, 04:52 PM

We are spending one night at the Conrad at the beginning of our trip. It gets good reviews on the Hilton Honors board over at flyertalk.com.

The Davis was very prompt with responding to my inquiries via their online form. We ended up choosing the Majestic Grande because it just seemed better for our daughter (8) in terms of pool and atmosphere. No real concrete reason for my feeling...maybe the tone of the correspondence, or just the pictures...I don't know. The Majestic Grande just seemed better for kids. But, like I said, we haven't been there yet, so who knows.
Old Nov 14th, 2005, 08:12 PM

anything along sukhumvit is not too far, but davis came to mind immediately...

try booking at www.huahin.20m.com...next day confirmation
this site lists hotels by street so look at sukhumvit in the middle soi range...

rembrandt hotel is another

face is on soi 38 sukhumvit....all even number sois are on the same side of sukhumvit....
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 12:43 AM

http://www.bangkoksite.com/Hotel/HotelBkkSukhumvit.htm
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 04:00 AM

It's worth shopping around for the best rate. I've been checking on rates for the Davis in the winter peak season around New Year's. For a superior room with breakfast and taxes included, here are some rates I found. Directly with the hotel: $102. Asia Hotels: $77. Precision: $66. Hua Hin: $85.
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 04:44 AM

Kim
I'll be anxious to hear about the Majestic Grande. I've dined at their lobby restaurant (Sacz) and it's really excellent!! This is one of the newest hotels in the Sukhumvit area, and as yet has not been "discovered" by very many people. I hope it gets a good review.
Carol
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 06:39 AM

The Novotel Lotus on Soi 33 is a good mid-range hotel and you would be uin walking distance of Face's and also the skytrain station.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

rhkkmk,

thanks for the tip. I emailed the huahin site just now... lets hope i get a response.

do you think it would be wise to just wait until we are in BKK to find a room for our last night?

We are arriving to BKK on 12.15.05 around midnight and depart BKK on 12.18 for Samui.
I figure it may not be too tough to walk into the Davis while we are there and secure a roomfor two weeks later, but what do you think - i know it is peak season and all...
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 07:16 PM

you could do that or simply call them on the telephone from bkk once you arrive.....you will not get the deals that you get on line probably...the tax/service is 17.7% and often breakfast is not included when dealing directly, but most often it is on line...but you can ask...you can always buy on line from bkk as well, by just going to a cyber cafe and doing it...i have done this with only 3 days notice...

but i just noticed that maybe you are talking about near new years...that could present some additional problems...i would do it now on line..

i noticed that you said you e mailed HH site...most of these sites do not like to answer questions...they just make reservations...that is why they are discounters...i have had no luck with e mailing them asking questions...

Old Nov 17th, 2005, 08:49 AM

Is the Majestic Grande within walking distance for FACE? KimJapan, I see you suggest it as a place to stay close, but wanted to know if it is close enough to walk over for spa then lunch. We are booked there for 3 nights Dec 1, so I will be able to give you a report before you go.
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

rhkkmk

I did get a response from HUAHIN site today. A night at the Davis for about $150 USD, Jr Suite with an extra bed for our kiddo, including breakfast and all taxes. We have an early flight back so i think we will have to skip the free meal...

DH said we should just reserve and be done with it. (This is our last loose end to tie up for the trip)And yes, we are looking for a date close to New Years, so that could be the issue.

I really wanted to stay at the Davis for our first few days in BKK but decided it would be to much $$ when we will most likely be out in the city most of the time as well as recovering from jet lag. Being that this is our last night in the city we want to go our in style with a nice hotel and dinner at FACE.
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 09:06 AM

we walked past the majestic grande a few times...its right on the bts line ....lots of vendors right outside. we ate lunch there...it was pretty good. the hotel is upstairs from the restaurant and the rooms were inexpensive. i think you are 1 stop on the bts away ..so not too far. there were lots of hotels but i recommend you get your reservation ahead of time

we did not have reservations for nov 1,2,3 and had a hard time getting any of our top 5 hotel choices...and had to settle for a midpriced business hotel in a less desireable area.
good luck and have a great time.
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 09:41 AM

dive---do you have the majestic grande mixed up with some other hotel?? it is behind the jw marriott on soi 2...not really on the transit route, but not far away either...

you could walk to the face from majestic, but it is a long way...i would not suggest it in that heat...i would take a taxi or the skytrain and then walk from the nearest stop...actually i would take the skytrain and then a taxi to face if i were doing it....call me lazy, but i would arrive refreshed and not dripping wet...