Reload this Page >

Medical Precautions For China

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 12:27 PM
Joanne

We are visiting China for approximately two weeks in the Spring. We will travel to Wuhan from Shanghai, then on to Xian by boat, and fly home from Peiping. What innoculations and other medical considerations would you recommend?

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 12:43 PM
DF

Our tour company recommened that we get in touch with our doctor which we did yesterday. We too, are traveling in the Spring, and will be getting 4 or 5 immunizations next week. Among the ones mentioned were: Hepatitis A; Tetanus; MMR and Polio booster. I suggest you call your doctor and also check the CDC on line.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 05:29 PM
Andrea

We got all our shots at the CDC. They know which ones are really necessary and which ones are optional. <BR> <BR>My recommendation is GO NOW to the CDC! Many of the innoculations require a series of shots over a several month period for 100% protection, so the earlier you start, the better!

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 05:43 PM
Michael

Just as the others have said, consult CDC, your physician, et al. If you travel a lot you probably will not need many vaccinations. If not, tetanus, thyphoid, etc. will suffice.

Old May 28th, 2002, 07:16 AM
JBX

\<BR>To find information on travel innoculations for anywhere in the world, check the cdc website: www.cdc.gov<BR><BR>