Search

Malaysia-Singapure-Thailand ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2005, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malaysia-Singapure-Thailand ?

Hi,

After we finally decided to go to Bali for our honeymoon in november, we now have a problem. As we are planning to go to Bali for a conference in december, my fiance doesn't want to go there twice. Therefore, I must find other alternatives to consider for our honeymoon, that is about 9-10 days (including the flights).

I thought of malaysia, singapure and/or thailand. And how is the weather (rainy?) in november?

I will be glad if you have any suggestions for places (to stay or to travel) in these countries?

thanks
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 05:31 AM

Thailand. No question. Go to Bangkok and either norhthern Thailand or a beach depending on your interests.
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 05:52 AM

Need more info to advise u. Were you planning Bali for a beach holiday? What nudget were you thinking per night and for the entire trip? One diff between Bali and Thailand is in Bali you just fly in and out, all other transfers can be done by air while in Thailand you will need to - prob - take flights internally. Thaiuland is a great option, your money will go far, you can find stuff to suit every budget.
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 06:43 AM

Thailand. Happy Travels!
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 05:23 PM

If you are looking for beach then Phuket or krabi would probably suit you, from either you can also do adventures like Sea Kayak, treks, elephant ride, if you want some lovely places try www.phuket-luxury-hotels.com, they have a Honeymoon page which suggests honeymoon resorts, all price ranges.
Weather Phuket should be fine in November. I wouldn't myself say Bali and Phuket are 'that' similar, beach wise I think everyone would agree Phuket nicer, so perhaps if you had beach time on Phuket but when you are in Bali try and spend some time in Ubud you would appreciate both places are different. We don't know where you are flying from but remember you can route into Phuket not just thru bangkok but also thru Singapore too.
Old Jul 11th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Original Poster

Hi there,

Thank yo for all our responses.

We will flying from london to istanbul (having another quick honeymoon for 2 days) and then from istanbul we are off to the real honeymoon
I know that as we will be departing from istanbal, there will be less alternatives for flights to asia. (but people all say that istanbal is a must see).

All of you commented on thailand so far, what about malaysia? I have been to bangkok, pattaya and singapure (alone) and I have a peep (2 hours) to johar bahru (?) from singapure. And quite impressed by that area.

any more suggestions?

Old Jul 13th, 2005, 03:20 AM

For honeymoon in Malaysia my picks will be Langkawi Island (The Datai, Four Seasons, Andaman, Casa Del Mar are top picks), Pangkor Laut, Tanjong Jara... these are all island resorts and located in smaller towns.
But if you're more into city life, go to Kuala Lumpur and book yourself into Mandarin Oriental or any of the nice hotels You can indulge in some spa too while you're in KL (though not as cheap as Bali I think). Penang is nice from a cultural/history point of view.
East Malaysia (Borneo) is also nice if you're into a bit more adventure like scuba.
or you can mix a bit of rural and a bit of city. If you liked Johor Bahru you'll definitely like KL!