Malaysia Airlines Fees? HELP please!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're booking tickets from Singapore to KL and return. MAS offers a MH Basic Fare and a MH Smart Fare, as well as the expensive Flex Fare that appears to be aimed at rich businessmen.

Does anyone know the penalty fees charged for flight changes for the MH Basic and MH Smart fares? The MAS website says that there are penalty fees, but does not say how much they are. Online I found an old memo dated 26th April 2012 outlining the "new" fees, but have no idea if the April 2012 fees are still current, or if there have been changes.

The California toll free number doesn't work, and the local California number they list on the website seems to be perpetually busy. It's just not worth calling overseas to find this out (and get stuck on hold forever building up a huge phone bill), so I'm hoping someone on this forum is familiar with these fares.

Thanks!!
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 03:44 PM

Not sure why you'd make a reservation with penalty fees if you think you will change it. There are many, many flights between Singapore and KL so you could book almost last minute and not have to worry. Do consider Air Asia as an option as well. If your plans are not firm, just wait.
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 11:26 PM

I hope it isn't too late to reply you. If not mistaken, RM250 per change for MH Basic plus the difference in fare.