Reload this Page >

Looking for somewhere to take great pics of Singapore skyline

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2008, 06:27 AM
carolinetaylor

I'm in Singapore for a couple of days and i'm looking for somewhere to take some great photos of the Singapore skyline, both by day and by night.

I've read about the Carlsberg Sky Tower and the Singpore Flyer? What do you think of these as somewhere to take great photos.

Old Mar 8th, 2008, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know either of those places. But the Swisshotel the Stamford (above Raffles Center) has a restaurant and bar. This used to be (maybe still is) the tallest building in Singapore. It's a revolving restaurant, and you can get day and night views in every direction.
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Carlsberg Sky Tower is at Sentosa. I did get some nice aerial shots of the city but mostly of the area surrounding Sentosa. Are you thinking about the CBD?

I got some good night shots of the CBD on the way to Boat Quay from Clarke Quay. I also like the shots of the Marina area (Esplanade) from the Merlion statue.

On the other side, where the Marina Mandarin is, you can get some good shots with the Fullerton.

I posted some of these pics on my blog at http://stgabriel.vox.com.

Old Mar 8th, 2008, 08:38 PM

Hi Caroline, we just returned from Singapore last night.(full report to follow). We did the Singapore Flyer on our last night. Awsemome views and one of the best places to get photos of the skyline. Also the DHL balloon is very highly recommended.
We stayed at Rafffles the Plazza, on floor 22 (thanks to Kathie for that piece of advice), and our views were just stunning. Should have some photos on line by the end of to-day. Will post a link when I have uploaded.
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 10:36 PM

While it's not high up and thus won't have the full skyline, I took a bunch of night photos from a bridge behind the Fullerton (I'm not sure exactly the name of the bridge, but it's not the pedestrian only bridge in front of the Fullerton, but a small traffic bridge, with a separate pedestrian area, walking toward the Esplanade from the Fullerton). You can get some great night shots of the boats going by and the Esplanade, one of Singapore's recognizable sights. While I can't say these photos themselves are any good, the first few photos in this link (http://tinyurl.com/3b77fc) will show you what you can see from the bridge. The 3rd to last photo is of the Fullerton, taken in front of the next bridge over (closer to Boat Quay) and in front of the Asian Civilizations Museum. The last 2 are of Boat Quay, if you keep walking away from the Esplanade toward Boat Quay, on the same side as the ACM. Hope that helps! Have fun!
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 05:24 AM
carolinetaylor

Is the Swisshotel bar available to non-guests?

I don't think i'd want a full meal there but i would have a couple of drinks if the views are worth it.

Old Mar 9th, 2008, 09:18 AM

Leigh, so glad you enjoyed my hotel recommendation!

Caroline, yes, you can get a drink in the bar as a non-guest. (Alas! that restaurant space used to have the best seafood buffet anywhere. When the Swisshotel took over, they changed it. I still yearn for the long lunches of prawns, lobster, smoked salmon, etc and fois gras as an appetizer, while watching all of Singapore out the windows.) I don't know the current policy, but there might be a cover charge.