Notices

Lijiang

Old Aug 16th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lijiang

For those of you who have been - would 4 days be too long? We really do not want to go to the Leaping Tiger Gorge or to Shangrila. Just stay near the city venturing only as far as Yulong Mountain, a few villages near-by, biking, etc.

We are needing to add an additional day in China for flights. So it is either 4 days, 5 nights Lijiang - or add a day to Chongqing or Chengdu. We are already going to Wolong and many other places outside of Chengdu - so it would be just a city day. And, we are going to Dazu and have already been to Chongqing to the zoo and to board a river boat.

Am I missing something more or better to do in Chengdu or Chongqing - or should we just enjoy Lijiang. Thanks so much to anyone who would care to comment.

We could drop down to only 2 full days in Lijiang - but I think that would not be great and we would be disappointed and not want to leave.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 11:26 AM

Although there are many wonderful sights and places in China, Lijiang to me is heaven on earth. I stayed 3 days, it wasn't nearly enough. I could just stay there forever.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 07:28 PM

Will be there in October and planing on 4 days in Lijiang as well. Most of the travel agents that I've talked to say 3 days is enough but what the heck.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 10:19 PM

I was there 4 days (ie 3 nights) and I could have stayed longer. It's my favourite spot in China.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 10:51 PM

Just to add to the chorus - we stayed a week in Lijiang, mainly because it was CNY & we just wanted to be settled in one place (& we had already been to Lijiang before & know how nice it is). Tiger Leaping Gorge is very do-able in a day trip if you decide you need to do something else when you are there.