Reload this Page >

Leela Palace Goa

Search

Leela Palace Goa

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 02:54 PM
Nita

Leela Palace Goa

Has anyone stayed at the Leela Palace Hotel in Goa? Any recommendations & room price suggestions? How is this hotel compared to other hotels in Goa? <BR>

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 08:25 PM
ACGG

Hi Nita,<BR>We went to Goa for four or five days in February in 1999. We stayed at the Taj Beach Resort and had a wonderful time. We had two kids under 4 at the time, so it was nice to be able to relax in a private bungalow and at the beaches. I am sorry I do not know anything about the Leela Palace Hotel, but then, the package price for our trip was about Rs.22000 (for all five days). This was the resident rate. The US rate would have been about $250 a night! What a difference! Best wishes.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 08:25 PM
ACGG

Hi Nita,<BR>We went to Goa for four or five days in February in 1999. We stayed at the Taj Beach Resort and had a wonderful time. We had two kids under 4 at the time, so it was nice to be able to relax in a private bungalow and at the beaches. I am sorry I do not know anything about the Leela Palace Hotel, but then, the package price for our trip was about Rs.22000 (for all five days). This was the resident rate. The US rate would have been about $250 a night! What a difference! Best wishes.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Elaine

My daughter and her boyfriend were thinking of the Leela Palace for their honeymoon later this year and so they booked a meal there during their holiday last year to check it out. Although they thought the food was excellent, it was extremely expensive (about 4 or 5 times what they are used to paying in Goa) and they felt that the atmosphere was less relaxed and friendly than the smaller, less upmarket places that they are used to staying in - almost like they could have been in any expensive hotel anywhere in the world. So it depends what you're used to/looking for. If you are accustomed to 5 star luxury and don't mind paying for it, then you'll probably enjoy the Leela Palace. On the other hand, if you are on a tighter budget and/or looking for a more "authentic" Goan experience, then you'd probably be better looking elsewhere. Their #1 choice is now the Renaissance - anybody got any experience of this hotel?

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 03:33 AM
Martha

My husband and I stayed at the Leela February 2001 for 5 days. This is a very lovely and up scale hotel. (A Indian film star was there if that means anything to you.) Also, this is a very expensive hotel. I thought the service was attentive yet unobstrusive. It is quiet. The room we were in was lovely overlooking a lagoon. There are peddlers on the beach but the only try to sell you wares if you go in the ocean and will leave you alone if you don't look at them. We ended our 3 week trip to India at the Leela so we would go home relaxed after tearing around Rajistan. I loved this hotel and would recommend a stay.