Kuala Lumpur

Old Mar 6th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kuala Lumpur

I will be in KL in May at the Sheraton. The monorail is near the hotel. I will be taking the monorail and MRT to visit places. I will need to use both to get to places. Are the two systems integrated such that I can buy my ticket that can be used on both systems. I would need to transfer off the monorail nto the MRT to get to my destination. Or do I have to buy a separate ticket for the MRT when I change from the monorail?

I will take a taxi from the airport to the h Sheraton. Is there a special queue to get the official taxi and do I need to tell the driver to use the meter? I am told that there is a 50% surcharge for times after midnight, is that correct?
Where can I get some better tourist maps?
Thanks
Old Mar 6th, 2018, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are booths just after customs where you can buy coupons for the ride into the city. Budget taxis for one or two are about 80RM or if you have a lot of bags or there are more of you they will give you a premier taxi at approx. 110MR. There is a 50% surcharge after midnight.

The monorail and LRT are not especially well integrated and it does pay to check out your route before setting out. This site may help https://www.myrapid.com.my . We always pay as we go at each station but I believe there is now a prepaid unlimited travel card available . You will likely find more info on the above site.

There is also a free and useful HOHO bus which runs a circular route around KLCCC and Bukit Bintang etc.

Avoid getting taxis on the street as they invariably refuse to use meters and will rip you off given the slightest opportunity.

I usually download google map of the area to my phone so I can use it offline but most hotels will have maps.