Search

Kanazawa, Japan, Takitei (hotel-ryokan) Saikawakyo - Onsen

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 01:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kanazawa, Japan, Takitei (hotel-ryokan) Saikawakyo - Onsen

Hi all,

I'm helping a friend and his family coming from Switzerland. They are trying to book Takitei (hotel-ryokan) in Kanazawa - Saikawakyo - Onsen.

I know nothing about this hotel or the area which is obviously not in the city center of Kanazawa but its site says it's 10 minute taxi ride from Kenroku-En Park. If there is no downright negative reviews, I think they will book it but I just thought I ask for comments here (or even better first-hand experiences). or recommendation on other ryokans? Anyone, maybe if Kim living in Kanazawa see this thread?

http://www.takitei.co.jp/

And I will do a text search here too.

Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

Never mind. they have just booked Taki-Tei (house of waterfall).
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:04 AM

Haven't been there. There is a photo of a building with 5 or 6 stories and a view of an area with several low structures, so it is hard for me (not reading Japanese) to get a good picture of the place.

Western and Japanese rooms. Looks like a good sized place, not overwhelming. Nice public bath. I see the one Japanese room has a private (round) bath. Food photo looks good!
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

That's their S (special?)room which is most expensive. Outdoor round bath with a taki (waterfall) view. Looks relaxing.

Food looks always good on this sort of sites. That's the problem!
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:38 PM

where is the recommended place to stay in Kanzawa?
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:25 PM

The APA Kanazawachuo worked for me. Kim also recommended the place across the street, a Tokyu Inn I think (I remember reading that glorialf stayed there, so you might find her comment with a search).

That APA has a bath on the roof that is nice, but otherwise is your basic bus. hotel.
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 09:12 AM

We stayed at the Ryokan Asadaya in Kanazawa two years ago. It is the old traditional style with very few foreigners visiting there. The people could not have been more wonderful; the location is fabulous; the food was a feast for all the senses. I cannot praise it more highly. It was a highlight of a fabulous trip. (By the way, we did stay in other great ryokans but we agree that this was the best.)
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 07:52 PM

Just back from the states and saw your question. I know it's booked...but just a bit of an answer.

It is not in the city center but in a nice area outside the city...fairly isolated actually if you do not have a car. I'm sure they will call you a taxi as well.

I haven't heard anything bad about the place. I've seen the outside only, and it looks to me to be in the usual style of a ryokan hotel.

When will they be in Kanazawa?

Old Aug 31st, 2006, 02:37 AM
Original Poster

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure they will be happy with Takitei with its quiet location. They are travelling in October.

Do you know by chance ? : They also asked me where they can buy the powder for Celadon Enamel (Seiji Ceramics) while travelling. Sine they will be in Tokyo, Kanazawa, Osaka, Matsushima, Shirakawago, etc (not in this order), I gave them a few names of the shops I could found on internet in those places that could have the product, including Ohnishi Tojiki Ganryo in Hisayasu, Kanazawa. The powder they are looking for is called Yuu-yaku. Kim, if you know other names by chance, perhaps you can post them here. Otherwise, you don't need to look for them espceially to reply to me. Thanks.
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 11:50 AM

Hmm...though Hisayasu is where I used to work and live, I don't know of the place you mention. It must not be a shop but a supplier? I used to do pottery in the newspaper culture center...they might know there. Phoning will be of no use, but going directly to the 9th floor of the Hokkoku Shimbun building and inquiring in the office, be sent to the pottery studio (11th floor iirc) and inquire again...might be helpful. The building is the tallest and shiniest in the city center...can't miss it.

They might also inquire in large shops that sell art supplies....Tokyu Hands does for example.
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 11:58 AM

welcome back Kim. You are up so early....still on US time?
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 12:02 PM

Thanks! Yes, I woke up at 4:00 AM, which is quite good for me considering it was only our second night back. I'll be heading out soon to walk along the river...as soon as it gets light.