Reload this Page >

Japanese Customs

Search

Japanese Customs

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 1999, 07:55 AM
Su Bowman

Japanese Customs

I am in the midst of organising a trip for about 60 journalists for a PR company. Am concious of them traipsing about and causing offence if they are not fully briefed about Japanese customs and culture. Can anyone help?

Old May 11th, 1999, 08:00 PM
Lisa

Try this link ... <BR> <BR>www3.travelocity.com/destg/content/0,1034,893

Old May 13th, 1999, 08:00 AM
dan

Try amazon.com or barnes and noble to search for book titles. It seems that I remember books on this subject from business school, and they will be business specific. I would think that there are also non-business books on the topic.

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 04:25 PM
Denise

I highly recommend a book titled Culture Shock: Japan. It has excellent info on the Japanese culture pertaining to both business and leisure travellers. It's an easy read.

Old Jul 19th, 1999, 09:02 AM
Shannon

Definately look into the Japan webpages at About.com. They are some of the best I've seen, from the basics (how to handle chopsticks) to more difficult (how to enter and exit a Japanese house or use a Japanese public bath.) Just do a search on Japan when you are at the home page. There will be a list of the different topics available, including customs. <BR> <BR>Good luck. perhaps I'll see you there. I'm going in October/November.

Old Aug 10th, 1999, 03:28 PM
RHB

Look at: <BR>Japan Made Easy by DeMente (passport books), or Surviving Japan (I can't recall the author). <BR>My experience was that a little knowledge (some of the no-no's), and a lot of consideration and humility works. <BR>