Reload this Page >

Japan Airlines

Search

Japan Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 06:56 AM
Alisa

Japan Airlines

Hi I was wondering if anyone can tell me about their experiences with JAL airlines. Is their seat space comparable to any other airline (i.e. United, etc)? I just booked a flight with them to Thailand. I was also wondering if they serve western food or give you the option on their flights? My boyfriend is a bit of a picky eater. Thanks in advance.

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 04:41 AM
Alisa

Bump up

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 05:04 AM
Florence

I have flown JA only between Europe and Japan, and they served both western and Japanese food. Space was ok for me, but I'm rather short (and I sleep all the way anyway so I really couldn't care more). Service was excellent. Your boyfriend should learn to be a bit more adventurous with his food: what's he gonna eat in Thailand if he's afraid of airline food ?

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 03:22 PM
Dave

I've flown on JAL many times and it's an excellent airline(much better than United I think). The food isn't spectacular but you'll have your choice of western or Japanese cuisine. I agree with Florence about the great service on JAL. <BR> <BR>I hope you'll take advantage of the great food in Thailand, it's so tasty and cheap. Have a good trip.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 07:10 AM
pat

JL is a high ranked airliner of Asia, you won't be disappointed.

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 01:22 PM
Barbara

I flew roundtrip coach LAX/Tokyo last year and LAX/Osaka the year before. Also a domestic flight between Tokyo and Osaka. Comfort and service was fine, fine, fine. Comparable with my United flight to Hong Kong. I'd fly with them again in a heartbeat. Food is tailored to western tastes as I remember. Your boyfriend should be able to eat without a problem--there are some choices.

Old Mar 10th, 2001, 04:32 AM
John

Alisa: <BR>Dump your boyfriend! <BR>John