Japan

Old Mar 18th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Japan

Is visiting Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima doable in 6 nights. First time to Japan. Any suggestions for an itinerary?
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 02:04 AM

It's doable, but rushed imo. Tokyo 2 nights, Kyoto 3 nights with day trip to Hiroshima, 1 night Tokyo...assuming your flights are in and out of Narita. If you can, open jaw using Narita and Kansai airports would make the logistics easier and save some travel time at the end.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 02:20 AM

As Kim said it will be a rush but a fun rush! Back in 2000 my daughter wanted to visit Japan for her first time but we only had 7 days and 6 nights free in between her school and our work. We flew into Osaka and spent 2 nights there then took the bullet train to Kyoto and spent another 2 nights in a wonderful old ryokan. More bullet train to Tokyo and we spent the last 2 nights there and flew home from Narita. We followed the itinerary from the Fodors website and Fodor's Exploring Japan guide book and had a great time even though I had been to Japan several times before.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 02:59 AM

But July...early the weather is cooler but maybe rainy. Late in the month when the rainy season ends, it's hot...so hot that we flee Japan in summer for places like Bangkok and Cambodia and Florida because it's cooler. Might want to consider that if weather influences your decision.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 06:10 AM

We head for the hills every July ------more like out of the country like Kim & family do - either to Manila (surprisingly more tolerable), Alaska, SFO or LAX. We had to leave July 30th last year &unexpectedly the weather was pleasant most of July.

Heard it was brutally hot the entire month of Aug & the early part of Sept when we were gone. Hot as in sweating bullets just walking around the house. Hot as in heat hitting you when you open the front door- sometimes as hot as an oven. And the humidity- my hair curls so much you'll think I got a perm.