Search

Is Putu (Balinese driver) OK?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Putu (Balinese driver) OK?

Hello all,

My fiance' and I are still planning to visit Bali for our honeymoon 11/5-11/16. We had been in constant contact with Putu to arrange tours and such. After the bombings I sent an email to Putu to inquire about his and his family's well being and to confirm that we will still be travelling to Bali and are looking forward to meeting him. I have not received a response from him. I was wondering if anyone had spoken with him lately. Is he and his family OK? I am sure I could find another driver, but I was more concerned about his health and well-being.
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 05:58 PM

I just received an e-mail from Putu. He and his family are fine. They are emotionally hurt but mad at the same time, thinking they couldn't do anything to stop the bombing. Please do everything you can to support the Balinese by not cancelling your plans. Send Putu another e-mail and try again to reach him.
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 07:22 PM

i also heard from putu last week....he said he was fine and that a few people had changed their plans but not most...so still go and you will really enjoy him and bali...he brings it alive
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I received an email from Putu this weekend. I am glad that he and his family are well. We are looking forward to meeting him. Less than three weeks to go!!!!!
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 02:35 PM

I'm using him at the moment and today will be my last day with him. He lives around Ubud and hence he was not affected by the bombing. Business wise he has said that it is down a lot.

Nice young man(29), very good, knowledgeable and courteous.