REPORT ON SHINTA MANI IN SIEM REAP

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE TO BE AT THIS SMALL HOTEL WITH A HSPITALITY SCHOOL WITH SMILING, OBLIGING STUDENTS WHO CAN"T DO ENOUGH. THE BEST PART WAS RETURNING AFTER TOURING,ETC AND SOMEONE WOULD BE WAITING WITH COLD WASHCLOTHS AND OUR ROOM KEY. HAD BREAKFAST AND LUNCH IN RESTAURANT AND BOTH WERE DELICIOUS ALBEIT UNREMARKABLE. BATHROOMS WERE LARGE, ALL TILED AND THE PLUMBING WAS WORKING AS IT SHOULD. OUR ROOM WAS ON THE SECOND FLOOR WHERE A DESKTOP COMPUTER WAS AVAILABLE AS A LARGE OPEN SITTING AREA. DEFINITELY A WORTHWHILE EXPERIENCE AND BECAUSE OF THE MANAGEMENT"S COMMITTMENT TO ITS SCHOOL, I"D RECCOMEND IT HIGHTLY. (WE WALKED TO TOWN BOTH NIGHTS. THE FIRST WAS DINNER AT THE RED PIANO AND THE NEXT AT DEAR FISH TOWER. BOTH DELICIOUS,DELICIOUS MEALS. DFT IS A TRIP AND SOMETHING TO BE EXPERIENCED EVEN WITH THE CROCS TOO CROWDED IN THEIR PEN.) OUR OTHER MEAL WAS AT KHEMER KITCHEN, DOWN A SMALL ALLEY AND THAT WAS WONDERFUL AS WELL. ALL VERY, VERY CHEAP, EXCEPT SHINTA MANI. WESTERN PRICES.
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 05:26 PM

thanks so much for the review of the Shinta Mani. I am staying there in September and I cannot wait. Did you try their spa? Can you tell me what type of food you ate at each of those restaurants and which you thought was the best?

One more thing, please turn off the caps. It can be hard on the eyes. Thanks.
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 05:54 PM

Hi JanaK, so glad you took my advice on all 3 restaurants! I loved all the meals as well. By chance did you take your daughter to the lake? You didn't mention trying their spa?
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 08:10 PM

nice report...hope to hear more from you....i like the caps as you must be excited about it....
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 04:31 AM

Thanks for the report. We have reservations for both 3 Nagas and Shinta Mani in August. Where did you eat in LP? Any reason you didn't eat except breakfast at Shinta Mani (they had a high rating from Gourmet or some other magazine review of hotel restaurants). Tell us what else you liked best about LP and Angkor. Did you use particular guides or drivers you would recommend?
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 05:10 AM

Thanks for the report. Does it have a pool? And how is the pool?
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

I will write in detail when I am back on a proximate time zone in a day or two. But, let me resolve the UPPER CASE concern. I had 6 hours to kill in Narita today (or was it yesterday, but the 17th nevertheless) and not only does every key represent a japanese character, a western letter and some smbol but once the cap tab was on I could not undo it. APOLOGIES, but yes, quite enthusiastic abt. Laos. Jan