Internet cafes in Thailand?

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Fran

Internet cafes in Thailand?

Will net internet access while in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. Staying at the Le Meridien President, Amity Green Hills and Dusit Island Resort. Can anyone tell me if these hotels offer access. Rate? Or are there internet cafe nearby? Rate?
Thank you for your assistance.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 03:15 PM
surfergrrrl

There are Internet cafes almost everywhere in Thailand, don't know about those hotels specifically, I stay in guesthouses in Thailand and many of them have access so I'm guessing expensive hotels have them too. In 2000, I think I was paying around 2-3 baht per minute.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Diane

Just back from Thailand.

There are plenty of internet cafes in Bangkok. Outside my hotel -- the Sheraton Royal Orchid -- it was about $1 for 20 minutes. At the hotel it was about $4 per 20 minutes.

In Chiang Mai there are about two internet cafes on every block. Cost was about $.75 per hour.

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Darah rey

About $1 an hour is average, with a minimum of about 40-50c. Hotels of course charge stupid rates. They are everywhere!

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Casey.

Just back from Bangkok. Prices are all over the map. Don't use the hotels. In The Patpong area of Bangkok they charge
1 Bath per minute, with a min. charge of 10 minutes.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 07:48 PM
bob

just back last month...in bkk the going rate at cafes was 50B for 15 minutes ($1.), some were less...hotels charge a lot more and the speed may not be great....one very good place i went to was in a bowling alley on sukumvit road...it cost less...just look for the signs: Internet....

outside bkk it is generally cheaper but less available, although you will not have a problem...
i have stayed at the green hills...it is on the outskirts of town and i think you will have to go into the center for a cafe...the hotel may have one too...when we were there the electricity went off for a day and 1/2---just great....about 5 years ago...
chaing rai should be ok because of the types that go there---back-packers and treckers---they would demand that kind of service and thais are enterprising and would provide it..
enjoy---its all very cheap
my favorite for comfort and speed was on the right side of soi 4 off of sukumvit rd, just past the nana hotel...looks like viet war is still going in that neighborhood judging from the expats with thai girls on their arms.....