India - Rajasthan | 2021

Old Feb 28th, 2021, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
India - Rajasthan | 2021

Hello,

hope all are safe and well. Me and my wife, in late 30s, plan to travel to India in July 2021 for friends wedding (if all vaccination and all is done). We want to explore India and one of the places that came up is Rajasthan.

I am seeing mixed reviews on the weather... some places mention July is the best time (due to onset of monsoon) whereas others suggest It may be too hot (95+ F) and not the best time to visit.

We want to spend around 7 days. We have Jaipur/ Jodhpur/ Udaipur in mind. We are flexible to add or remove destinations but want to make our trip comfortable.

We are from Boston MA and 95F may become too bad?

Anyone recently traveled to Rajasthan around July? If this is not the best place to visit, where else could we go in India?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Head for the hills (or mountains). There's a reason the government moved to hill towns for the summer in the days of the Raj. Where in India is the wedding?
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We were there one year during late July and early August. The answer I think depends simply on how are you tolerate the heat. It was in the 90s and it was humid but we managed to do it. We had been in Delhi before we went to Raj. And I managed to walk 18 holes on the golf course.

Given that it will be in the 90s and humid you have to ask yourself if you can tolerate us. So my advice would be to stay well hydrated, to wear light colored cotton clothing, to get a good head and I don’t mean a baseball cap type it out which keeps heating. Given that it will be in the 90s and humid you have to ask yourself if you can tolerate this. So my advice would be to stay well hydrated, to wear light colored cotton clothing, to get a good hat and I don’t mean a baseball cap type it out which keeps heat in. Get a hat with a nice brim and that has ventilation holes in it. I have a hat that I bought at least 10 to 11 years ago that I still use. It’s guaranteed for life and it’s from a Canadian company called Tilly. They may be a bit expensive but believe me it’s not worth it. You can just throw it in the washing machine or like in my case I take it to the dry cleaner and it comes back looking like new.

if you do all this and then pace yourself I think you can do it but again ask yourself if you want to be out and about touring in weather like this.

In Jaipur treat yourself to lunch or dinner at the Rambagh Palace.

All the best.

Larry