I have Lot To Say About Malaysian Food

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2023, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Malaysia is a food lover's paradise, with an amazing diversity of cuisines and restaurants to explore. During my recent trip to Kuala Lumpur and Penang, I made sure to check out some of the most famous and popular restaurants that the country has to offer.

One of my first stops was The Toast House, a local chain known for its traditional kaya toast, soft boiled eggs, and local coffee. As soon as I walked in, the rich aroma of freshly brewed coffee and toasted bread enveloped me. I ordered a set which came with two slices of thick toast generously slathered with kaya (coconut jam), a soft boiled egg, and a cup of hot Malaysian style coffee. The kaya toast was deliciously crispy on the outside and soft inside, while the salty egg provided a nice contrast. The coffee was strong, thick and fragrant - the perfect accompaniment.

Another must-visit was Auntie Anne's, which serves up freshly baked pretzels in both sweet and savory flavors. I tried the original flavored pretzel which was soft, chewy and still warm from the oven. The pretzel was sprinkled with salt and served with a side of creamy cheese dip that complemented it well. They also offer pretzel dogs, pizza pretzels and cinnamon sugar pretzels that all looked equally tempting. It was great for a quick bite on the go.

In Penang, I had to try the famous assam laksa, a sour and spicy fish soup loaded with noodles, pineapple, onions, mint leaves and more. After much research, I headed to Air Itam market which is renowned for having some of the best assam laksa stalls. The bowl I had was piping hot, sour and explosively flavorful. The thick rice noodles soaked up the soup beautifully. It was one of the most iconic and tasty dishes I tried in Malaysia.

The restaurant scene in Malaysia truly impressed me with its diversity and flavors. From local favorites like nasi lemak to banana leaf rice and chicken tandoori, there was no shortage of delicious and authentic food options. I barely scratched the surface on this trip and can't wait to return to explore more of Malaysia's famous and hole-in-the-wall eateries soon.
Old Nov 5th, 2023, 11:51 AM

I am always thinking of going to Penang, principally to eat! Though I don't know when I'll get there.

Where are you from? You seem unaware that there is an Auntie Anne pretzel stand in just about every big shopping mall in the US, and probably at many airports. No need for me to travel halfway around the world for that.
Old Nov 5th, 2023, 09:49 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shelemm
I am always thinking of going to Penang, principally to eat! Though I don't know when I'll get there.

Where are you from? You seem unaware that there is an Auntie Anne pretzel stand in just about every big shopping mall in the US, and probably at many airports. No need for me to travel halfway around the world for that.
bro i am not only talk about Penang. i am Talking about Kala lumper and penang
Old Nov 5th, 2023, 09:51 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shelemm

There are lot of more thing you should Try like Penang Street Food, Little India and much
Old Nov 14th, 2023, 09:34 AM

The food scene is amazing.

Once I had chili crab which has my mouth watering just thinking about.

If we ever get there again another dish I would try Is fish head curry.

I think this is an underrated food destination.