Search

Hue to Hoi An

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2019, 08:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hue to Hoi An

We will be booking a private transfer from Hue to Hoi An. Ideally we'd like to stop at the Marble Mountain and travel on the Hoi Van Pass enroute. Our sightseeing schedule in Central Vietnam is tight and we have one less day than we'd like in the area. In order to see the sights of interest we would need to include either My Son or Ba Na Hills the day we travel to Hoi An.

Which is better:-

Hue to Marble Mountain to Hoi Van Pass to Ba Na Hills to Hoi An
Hue to Marble Mountain to Hoi Van Pass to My Son to Hoi An.

I know My Son closes much earlier than Ba Na Hills and it's more of a geographical detour than Ba Na Hills. We don't mind one long sightseeing in our trip (which is the day we travel from Hue to Hoi An.

If we opt for Ba Na Hills, where is the best place to eat lunch enroute. I'm guessing that food and drink at the resort will be expensive.

How late is too late to leave Ba Na Hills to travel to Hoi An.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old Apr 26th, 2019, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly I would definitely choose My Son over Ba Na. From Hue to Hoi An, I would allow 4+ hours including a couple of hours at the Marble Mountains. Most drivers will try and take you to the beach en route but it really isn’t worth it. The Hai Van Pass has some great views (if the weather is clear), but there isn’t a lot to see other than that 15 mins should be plenty.

My Son can easily take a couple of hours or more. Not sure what time it closes, probably around 5pm. There are plenty of places to eat in the villages en route there . Many of the villages are home to specific crafts and industries so a good place to see some of these in action and maybe buy a few souvenirs at source rather than pay the massively inflated prices in Hoi An.

It gets very hot there so avoid early afternoon. We went in the early morning before the crowds and the heat but I think late afternoon, say 3 pm would be good.

If you did decide on Ba Na then I would plan your visit so as to get to your destination before dusk. The Vietnamese are not great drivers in the daytime, let alone at night!