how to buy thai discovery pass and net reservations for hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do I buy the discovery pass? can't find out how to do it on the thai air site,(it only describes the pass) and there is not a thail air office in canada, and no info on who to phone!

am also having a terrible time finding hotels at the beach many of the hotels do not have rates posted yet for peak season(xmas)and on the various reservation sites if I put in the dates it says they are unable to make reservations or confirm dates yet- check back later in august! any ideas???
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 03:52 PM

Discovery Pass is Bangkok Airways, and you can purchase from a travel agent or directly from Bangkok Air (call them). http://www.bangkokair.com/contact/

Discover Thailand Pass is Thai Air and you can purchase from a travel agent or directly from Thai Air (call them). http://www.thaiair.com/NASApp/IP_WOA/OfficeQuery Just call a US number.

Hotels, it's too early for discount sites reservations, like they told you. You could contact the hotels directly for their rates, and even make a reservation if you like. Most hotels will make a reservation for you with your credit card information and charge nothing and no penalty for cancellation. Because of peak season, they may want a deposit, though, so check carefully their terms for changes or cancellation.

If you know where you want to stay, reserve directly, and later if a better deal comes along you can reserve the better deal with your husband's name (if you used your name for the first reservation), then cancel the other reservation...cancel AFTER you have confirmation. Just be sure you understand the cancellation policies from the outset.
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 03:52 PM

I thought that pass was from Bangkok Air...(??)
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

as soon as I buy my pass, do I book my flights with the airline by phone or can I then go to the web to book them as per regular flights- will there be a place to but in a "code" or something to show that I have a Pass?
what if I want to make a change?
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:14 PM

You book the flights when you buy the pass. You can't book online for the pass.

If you want to make a change, you have to call the airline, and the new date/flight has to have the fare class for the pass available in order to change. I'm not sure if there is a charge for it or not.
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:18 PM
Original Poster

what is the fare class- this will help me see if my flights are even available to me
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:22 PM

If you are looking at Thai Air, fare class H. For Bangkok Air, I don't know which fare class, it only says seats are limited.

I have used http://www.seatcounter.com/ in the past when I needed a certain fare class information. For many airlines it does not show invisible fare classes like for award upgrades or award tickets.
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:23 PM

You would be best to call whichever airline you are using.

Are you aware that Thai's Discover Thailand fare you must have all flights completed by December 31, 2008? It is a promotion that is run on the calendar year.
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 05:42 PM

lots of sites do not post hotel rates until sept...
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 05:51 PM

The Bangkok Airways phone in the US is 1-866-226-4565. Call and tell them what flights you want and they will check availability and book them for you. It helps to go on the Bangkok Airways site and get the flight numbers and times first.
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 06:08 PM

Not sure if American toll-free #s work in Canada or not, so, if not, here's the local # for Thai's office in LA:
(310)640-0097