Hotel help please

Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 10:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel help please

Trying to choose between the Eaton Smart and the Harbour Grand Kowloon. Harbour Grand is approx. £10 per night more expensive and we are there for 5 nights - is it worth the extra?
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 12:06 AM

I am staying at the Eaton right now. When I booked they were running a special on stays 5 nights or more including breakfast and free internet, Don't know if that's still available, but we have been happy. The breakfast buffet is quite good and has a lot of choices, It is fairly close to 2 MTR stations, though I have been using the Jordan station. The rooms are smaller than I am used to in other locations but I understand this is not unusual in HK. I am short, so I clear the shower head. If you are quite tall, you will be ducking. We have found it quite convenient for roaming around Kowloon and HK Island.

Don't know anything about the other hotel so can't comment.
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 04:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help - susncrg - are there many Italian restaurants nearby? My husband is allergic to sesame, so need to steer clear of Chinese and pasta and pizza would be best?
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 08:20 AM

Plenty of Italian restaurants in Tsim Sha Tsui, which is a few minutes by bus down Nathan Road from the Eaton.

The Harbour Grand Kowloon is a nicer hotel than the Eaton, but it's not convenient to most attractions. No access to the subway, and buses are also not direct. You'll be taking their shuttle or using a taxi a lot. But if you can get a harbor view room there for cheap, then it's probably worth it.
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help - can get a good deal on a Club room at the Eaton, so think that we'll save money on the hotel and also save on transport.