Hong Kong Hotels

Jan 31st, 2005, 01:07 PM
mbo
Original Poster

Hong Kong Hotels

I am booking a trip to HK and would like to use my Marriott points. Does anyone know which Marriott would be better?
JW Queensway
New World Renaissance
Renaissance Harbor View
Thank you
Jan 31st, 2005, 06:12 PM

depends on where you want to stay...i prefer to stay in kowloon...i have stayed at the new world and it was fine....they upgraded me without asking and i am only silver...attached to a mall with grocery store....10 minute walk to star ferry...i would stay there again...
Jan 31st, 2005, 07:18 PM

The JW Marriott is clearly the best hotel of the three, and it's shown at Marriott's reward level (6 vs 4 for the two Renaissances).

The New World has the best location, but no harborview. The Harbour View is newer & has harborview, but at the Convention Centre, which I find inconvenient, unless you're attending a convention.

If you have plenty of points to spend, get the JW.
Jan 31st, 2005, 11:58 PM

Another vote for the JW Marriott, definitely the most luxurious of them all and a very good location, easy walk to the Peak Tram, Central and the interesting side streets of Wan Chai. Rooms can be a bit on the small size, ask for the largest room available. Small but good health club and a nice pool. Great staff and food. Second would be the Renaissance as it is almost as good quality and has a huge pool and pool deck area. The location is a bit out of the way unless you want to spend a lot of time shopping in the Causeway Bay area (some people do). The New World has a good location, but is older and not as nice and as mentioned above, none of the rooms have a harbour view, which IMO is the only reason to be on the Kowloon side of the harbour as 80% or more of your sightseeing will be on Hong Kong Island or outlying islands, for which ferries depart from the Hong Kong side.
Feb 1st, 2005, 05:37 AM
mbo
Original Poster

thank you! I was just not sure if the JW was worth the extra points. It sounds like it is. I appreciate it.