Hong Kong airport express

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the Hong Kong airport express train for us? My wife and I will probably have 3 large cases on wheels and 2 carry on cases? I am wondering if transporting the luggage to the train or having room on the train might be a problem.
Thanks
Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 08:03 PM

a taxi would be for me....too difficult with all those cases for the train or a bus...or a subway...
Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 08:15 PM

There is room for luggage on the train, and I believe there are porters at the Kowloon and Hong Kong stations. But you'll still need to transfer to a taxi. With two peoplel, I agree with rhkkmk that a taxi may be better. Or a hotel shuttle that goes door to door.
Old Dec 25th, 2005, 06:55 AM

Taking an airport express is no problem at all, most people here in HK take train. There will be a porter to help u putting luggages onto the train , as well as a porter to help u uploading luggages at taxi stand at HK station. These kind of system work efficiently in HK. Unless u know that there is a door to door airport shuttle going to your hotel, or unless u don't mind to pay higher fees for taxi, otherwise airport express is fine.
Old Dec 26th, 2005, 01:29 PM

Last week I took the airport express bus between the airport and hotel's door in Kowloon. Between porters and driver, there were no luggage problems and the busses themselves are comfortable. I lucked out with only one other travelling couple each way, so only one extra hotel stop. SO you may wish to consider the bus as an economical alternative.