Search

Hokkaido help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2019, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hokkaido help

Hello, I am fleshing out our Japan itinerary and we have planned on visiting Hokkaido for the first week of our two week trip in June. This is our first trip to Japan. Can you please tell me if this is a good allotment of time? We plan on staying in Sapporo for the first night of arrival in Japan, flying straight from Tokyo (from US) to Chitose airport, one night in Sapporo to let a family member flying in a day later to catch up. Then proceeding to Niseko for a hotel base from which to take day trips. We will have 4 full days before departing or Osaka/Kyoto. Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated for this leg of our trip. Thank you in advance.
Old Dec 15th, 2019, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Follow up question: We plan on renting two cars for our travels in Hokkaido. How is the driving in this area? Would a minivan and a car be okay or two medium cars is better?
Old Dec 24th, 2019, 05:37 AM
Original Poster

Any suggestions for this portion of our trip to Hokkaido? Would appreciate any help.
Old Dec 26th, 2019, 02:58 PM

Any thought to flying in directly to Chitose, rather than going in from Tokyo? I am planning a trip for a group in May, and found that it was actually less expensive to fly in to Osaka (in our case) on one airline, and out on another. The savings were about $300 per person. I know Delta and Hawaiian (and their code share partners) fly directly to Sapporo. Not sure if others do as well.