Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Help us get to Viet Nam, Cambodia and Thailand!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 03:45 PM
toby

Our travel company just told us that our trip to Viet Nam, Cambodia and Bangkok can't be confirmed because the airline will not release seats during the holiday season. We are back to the drawing board. Does anyone know a reputable travel company who could get us on the road?

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Marilyn

Travel company? Why don't you just go? Book your air tickets directly.<BR><BR>How long do you have? I think you can plan a great itinerary yourself using info on this forum, and hire local guides if you need them.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 06:25 AM
Alan

Hi, Toby!<BR>I can't understand this advice from your travel agent at all. Are they telling you that, with all the airlines flying in and out of those three destinations every day, they can't find one that is actually selling tickets? And that this reluctance to sell is going to last for a whole holiday season? Why not walk across the road to another travel agent.... or phone the airlines directly.... or book over the net?

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 09:14 AM
Judy

Hi Toby!<BR>I am taking the Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia trip and using smarTours per this Travel Talk. No one seems to have had anything but good experiences with them. Which tour group were you signed with?<BR>Judy

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 03:05 PM
barbara

Was your company Pacific Delight? They did it to us too.

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 04:55 PM
Kim

I just confirmed air travel to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. The flights were booked only 3 weeks in advance. I am limited to 23 days of travel so my schedule is tight. I booked through Malaysia Airlines. If you will be traveling from the US, you may want to consider Malaysia Airlines "Access Asia" pass. The downside is every flight goes through Kuala Lumpur but if you do not have time constraints it can be worth the money. You can fly to any of 23 cities within a 30 days for $800. My travel agent priced the flights individually and found the cost would be $2,200. It can be extended for an increased rate. This way you can select the cities and create your own itinerary.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 05:57 AM
marilyn

Thanks for the info...this happened to me too!