Help! Lost Purse in Hong Kong Taxi

Old Apr 1st, 2006, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Lost Purse in Hong Kong Taxi

After the taxi left my parents at the Hong Kong airport last Monday, my mother realized her purse was left behind in the taxi.

Another driver gave her a number to call but it was a general lost and found and they had to board their plane for Dallas without contacting the taxi company itself or even finding the name of the exact taxi cab company.

The only item she really wants to recover--that can't be replaced--is the memory card in her digital camera with all the photos.

We have called that number for the lost and found for taxis but they have not been all that helpful.

Does anyone here have suggestions? I have done some internet searches but I cannot find any email addresses of Hong Kong taxis and when I try to call taxi cab companies direct, it is difficult to get someone who speaks English (and expensive).

Thanks.

Old Apr 1st, 2006, 07:55 PM

I would try to enlist the services of the Hong Kong Tourist Authority. They can handle the language issues for you and they are the only ones there who have a somewhat vested interest in helping you recover your mom's purse.

Sorry to hear this happened. Good luck in getting back those precious photos.
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 08:09 PM

I was going to suggest exactly what Lindsey has suggested.
We don't know your origin to give you your nearest office but I got this off Yahoo Asia which should help, just explain that you have tried calling to no avail and if they are up to it they should send a message to their contact people in HK who can call around, in preparation make sure you type out ALL the information, date, time, where picked up etc etc plus description of the purse and offer to fax those details to them.

Good luck.

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/...tru_worl.jhtml
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 08:10 PM

Sorry just noticed Dallas, anyway that link gives you NYC, SGO and LAX with phone numbers.
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 08:11 PM

For SGO read SFO
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 08:15 PM

Just by chance driver saw it before leaving the airport he might have handed it to someone to hand to the lost and found at the airport, you might try an email to the airport Lost and Found also:

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/aguide/lost.html

Old Apr 1st, 2006, 08:29 PM

Sorry, didn't see there's already a thread here, as I posted on the duplicate.

Anyways, if they've left from a hotel, the cabbie may have dropped it off there as well. Worth a call.