Help Guam vs. Boracay?

Aug 21st, 2005, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Help Guam vs. Boracay?

Hi, I need help from you experts. It's our first wedding anniversary and we are hoping to take a vacation from Oct. 7 – Oct 16 about 10 days. Since we currently live in Seoul Korea, we were thinking to go to Guam or Boracay in the Philippines. We initially thought Guam PIC but some people have told us that we would be bored after 5 or 6 days. So they suggested Boracay for 6-7 days and rest in Manila. From what I heard both places offer similar water sports/recreation. I have never been to either place. Do you think 10 days in Guam is too much? Do you suggest Guam or Philippines for us? Which place has better beach/resort? Perhaps some other location? We would like to do some R&R but don’t want to get too bored towards the end… I really appreciate your help, comments and suggestion.
Thanks,
Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:16 AM

I would skip Guam- I bieive you would be bored after a few days. Borecay has a highly rated beach and then maybe after 3 days or so you want some big time city action head for Manila. Seach this forum for my trip report to Manila.
Aug 22nd, 2005, 10:38 AM

Aside from Boracay, check out El Nido and Minoloc Island in Palawan also. Beautiful beach and lots of activities.
Aug 22nd, 2005, 11:45 AM

Yes El Nido on Palawan is very nice but understand that it will take longer to get to Palawan than Boracay. Also note that the accomodations on Palawan are a lot nicer/expensive, those on Boracay are not as lux and the prices are lower accordingly. if you want lux then go to Palawan- if you want convenience to Manila and less lux go to Boracay.
Aug 24th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

thank you for all your responses. So everyone is in agreement that I should skip Guam and head for the Philippines. Any other useful suggestions?
Thanks,