help - 3 days in Cochin

Dec 11th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

help - 3 days in Cochin

I had booked a hotel thru a travel agent in Kumarakom and we were planning a 3 day stay there in Dec. However last week I found out that my local travel agent has still not booked the hotel room and I am on a waiting list. He assures me I will have the room by the 27th dec, when I am in Kumarakom but I think it is too risky since I am travelling with 2 kids.
Now since nothing much is available in Kumarakom I am planning to book a hotel in Cochin. Is 3 days in Cochin too much? Could someone help me with an iternary? I will be staying on Willingdon island and have 2 kids ages 5 and 10.
Thanks
Dec 12th, 2006, 01:21 AM

contact [email protected] . I know their man in Cochin. Give your requirements and let them quote what is available.
Cochin has a history going a long way back in history, and there is plenty to see. Willingdon is a man-made island, and is not quite as inspiring as Fort Cochin, but they are not that far apart. Good luck.
Dec 12th, 2006, 01:47 AM

Greetings from a American woman who lives in India!

I would be happy to help u out! I love Kerala and will actually will be in Cochi myself around that time for a night or two for the holidays!

YOU can certainly enjoy two nights in Cochi which is a interesting city and perhaps go for the final night on a houseboat, floating thru the backwaters. This might be alot of fun for the kids!

However, in terms of Kumarakom, i too love that place. OH, U might also look into Periyar as another alternative too.

Drop me a line at [email protected] and would be happy to help [email protected]! I know a wonderful agent who has endless contacts throughout Kerala and may even help u with last minutes in Kumarakom, Periyar,and if that doesn't pan out, certainly with Cochi and a night on a houseboat too.! Namste.
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:11 PM

Going to Cochin for 2 nights as part of a longer trip through India including Delhi and Agra. Staying at the Old Harbour Hotel in Fort Cochin. Do we need a car and driver or a guide or can we get around ourselves via taxi and a travel book? Suggestions?
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:14 PM

Why don't you start your own thread instead of reviving a very dead one?

But no, you don't need a car and driver. I used my feet.