Reload this Page >

Spa/Good Health in Thailand?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2000, 05:56 PM
ginny

I met someone a few weeks ago who had gone to a place in Thailand that offers spa services, but he had gone to "clean out his system" and didn't eat for a week. Does anyone know where that is?? I don't remember the name but I want to go. Any help is appreciated.

Old Aug 26th, 2000, 09:58 PM
pat

Ginny <BR>Indeed, there is such a place called "Shiva-Srom", meaning the place for life. I know it is somewhere in Cha-am or Hua Hin which is not too far from bangkok, easy accessible by road, and trains. <BR>That's all i know, hope it is a bit helpful.

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 05:57 PM
lynn

Ginny - <BR> <BR>The spa mentioned above has a website. <BR> <BR>www.chivasom.net <BR> <BR>I checked into them myself last year before we went to Thailand. I ended up just doing a "day spa" thing at the Oriental. One day I'd like to do a weekend package there. It looks great. When I was checking they had weekend deals for about $650. <BR> <BR>Let me know if you have any questions about BKK. We spent most of our time there and I may be able to help if you plan on spending some time there as well. <BR> <BR>Lynn <BR> <BR <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 07:13 PM
beverly

it could be the Dharma Healing Center in kho Samui.

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 12:59 PM
zae

Hi Ginny, <BR> <BR>Koh Samui is loaded with the kinds of places you're looking for. One of the most popular is "The Spa" Resort Health Center. Their famous "Clean-Me-Out" program lasts for 2 - 7 days and is based on the work of Dr. Rich Anderson, N.D., N.M.D., following suggestions from his book CLEANSE & PURIFY YOURSELF. They also have Chiropractic, Thai Massage, herbal steam rooms, aloe vera body wraps and healing clay facials on premises. The resport is run by two former San Franciscans, Gay and Toi Hopkins whom you can contact at The Spa Resort, 171/2 m.4 Lamai, Longevity Beach, Koh Samui, Suratthani 84310 Thailand, tel: (66)77-230-855; fax/tel: (66)77-424-126. <BR> <BR>The other such location I know about is run by a former Greek man, Mel Loverh, and his Thai wife. It is "Health Oasis Resort" at 26/4 Mao 6, Maenam, Koh Samui, Suatthani 84330, Thailand, tel: (66)77-420-124 and (66)77-236255; fax: (66)77-420-125; mobile: 01-6771606. <BR> <BR>Health Oasis Resort is family- and children-oriented with programs and trainings for adults and kids in Thai Massage, Thai Cooking, Yoga, Meditation, Reiki I - III, Vortex Astrology, Nutrition, Fasting and Diet. A project of H.E.A.L. International Foundation NV, Oasis is accessible on the web at www.healingchild.com and by email at [email protected] <BR> <BR>Sawasdee, <BR> <BR>Zae

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 11:07 PM
james allan

It's probably the 'Chiva-Som' in Hua Hin. I have seen from outside and looks magnificent, also good write-ups at various sites on the net. Apparently movie stars etc use it for a total 'clean-up' so to speak!