Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used Asiatravel.com services?

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 11:43 PM
Joelle

Has anyone used the services of this Web travel agency for hotel bookings? Can you advise in terms of reliability and efficiency? Many thanks in advance.

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 04:37 AM
Kay

Joelle,
I have used several of the on line hotel booking services including Asiatravel.com. They have all been very good and we have been quite satisfied.
The only one that I would not use again is Asiatravelmart.com. As far as I know,
they are the only one that collects upon booking instead of your arrival at the hotel. If for some reason there is a problem you are not reimbursed. When we got to the hotel that we had booked in Langkawi they were having plumbing problems and could not take guests.
Asiatravelmart did not give us a credit
or refund.

Old Sep 16th, 2000, 06:55 PM
Jacquie

Hi,

http;//www.chinapac.com
We used these guys this year and had no problems. Although nothing went wrong for us to find out. They were very helpful and accomodating, we even rearranged some the tour once there.

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 04:38 PM
Michael

Hi - I am traveling to Bali, Langkawi, and Penang next month.I am also staying in Hong Kong, but I didn't use Asiatravel for this hotel. Icalled the hotel direct as I have stayed with them twice before.

For my hotels in Langkawi and Penang, Malaysia, I used the Asiatravel.com. The office was in Singapore and they emailed the confirmations within a day after I provided the credit card info to hold the rooms. No deposit was taken.

I also used the Asiatravel.com for two of my hotels in Bali. This time the people were based in Jakarta...and I received the email confirms within 24 hrs.

I leave in a month, so I can't give you a totally positive report just yet. But my inquiries were answered promptly, and I phoned in the credit card details...and I had my bookings in hand within a day.

Michael

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 07:11 AM
Meg

I used asiatravel.com a few years ago to book hotels in Bangkok and Phuket and was very pleased with the service. They responded promptly to my e-mails and answered all my questions. I also liked their package deals - 3 nights, breakfast, airport transfers, welcome drinks, etc. at very reasonable prices.

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 11:40 AM
Roz

Hi Joelle:

I used asia-hotels.com and planetholiday.com to book my reservations in Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore in February. They were all great except the reservation in Langkawi - we arrived on Chinese New Year! I am not quite sure if it was the reservation system or the hotel itself. The receptionist did let it slip that they received an ll day booking and took it. Ours was 5 days! Suggest you get a confirmation number. I had a confirmation fax but it did not make any difference.

Have a great trip!

Old Sep 23rd, 2000, 05:05 AM
Kelly

We used Asiatravel.com to book our hotels in Bangkok. They also furnished a cab to pick us up at the airport.
We were quite satisfied with their service. I have also used asia-hotels.com and planetholiday.com quite successfully. I have heard stories about asiatravelmart.com that are not good. Beware!

Old Sep 23rd, 2000, 06:37 AM
linda

I used Asiatravel for a hotel booking in Phi Phi Islands this past summer. I had no problems and even the transfers went smoothly.

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 04:06 PM
lynn

Hi -

We have just booked a hotel through them and will be able to report in full the first of December.

So far, so good. They answered all questions and didn't rush us to give them our credit card.

We have used Planetholiday twice and can recommend them but make sure you have any perks in writing. We booked the Westin in BKK with them last year and somewhere along the line, the hotel didn't know breakfast was included. We ended up having to pay for it. No big deal but this time I made sure my confirmation included all extras.

We also booked a few hotels with hotelthailand.com for our trip next month. They have also been very courteous and helpful. I'll report back on them as well. So far, they seem to be alright.

Lynn

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 11:32 PM
james allan

Asiatravel.com are the 'best'. I have tried to 'beat' their rates booking at airport desks hoping for last minute cheap deals but never managed to better what asiatravel offers, so now I stick to them for all my hotels. Efficient and above all really good rates. I always use them now!