HAS ANYONE DELAT WITH INDIAMAPS.COM

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have ordered 12 days ago maps and books from indiamaps.com web site. Spent on 'courier' sevice-suspect air--$38. I have sent multiple emails without a response; tried to call phone provided-either no answer or busy signal or a strange reconding. Has anyone delat with them?
Old Nov 25th, 2011, 05:53 PM

I am from India and I never heard of this company. It also seems their website has gone offline. I am sorry to say this looks bleakly like a case of fraud to me, unfortunately. All the Indian maps I ever bought in India came from a company called Indian Book Depot (Map House): who unfortunately don't seem to have an online presence. This website though seems to have a lot of free electronic maps of India: http://www.eindiamaps.com/india-tourist-maps.htm.

Looking at your other question you seem to be scheduled to reach India shortly. If you need a map I would recommend India Book Depot maps I referred to above: they are available at most bookstores in Airports/Railway book stalls and even some city book stores. The most popular one for tourists is called the Indian road atlas, and last I checked was available in English too. It has a statewide maps of all major highways.

As an Indian citizen, I feel sorry that even before you visit India, you have had to deal with what looks like a case of fraud. Nevertheless, I assure you touring India is as amazing as it is said to be, and hope you have a great stay!
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

thank you. I did receive the shipment yesterday, but received the wrong map. The other materials that I orded just to have enough to make an order included a new delhi city guide which proved to be excellent and worth the bother. This company does not reply to emails but did send the materials. So I guess I am ok.
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 08:26 AM

when i sent them an e mail they told me they do not mail to usa
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 11:28 PM

JackGlasser: Nice to know it worked out in the end. Enjoy your trip!