Guides and Drivers

Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guides and Drivers

Hi,
I forgot to ask about guides and drivers in my last email.
Could someone please give us the names of drivers from the Bankgok Airport to the hotel in Bangkok, from Siam Reap Airport to our hotel and Luang Prabong Airport to our hotel?
We would also appreciate the name of a guide for Siam Reap.

Thank you very much.
Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 05:36 PM

You don't need the name of a driver from the Bangkok airport. You can catch a taxi (flat rate) or if you prefer a larger car, you can use AOT (right outside customs) for an on-the spot "limo" (large sedan) for about 1200 baht. Or, if you prefer to arrange ahead of time, email AAC (if you do a search here, you'll find teh email address) and you'll get a better price, maybe 900 baht.

The drive from the LP airport into town is very short, and there are taxis available, no need for the name of a driver.

For SR, if you ask your hotel to arrange a driver for you, they will send one to the airport. If you arrange a driver and guide yourself, the driver will meet you. A quick search on this site will turn up the names of a number of recommended guides in Siem Reap.

Using the search function here will answer almost all of your questions.
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

I'm sorry I don't know what AAC is or what the email address is in order to make a search. Could you please explain?
Thanks.
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 09:08 AM

To search for any word or phrase, you simply type it into the search box above and click search. So if you type in AAC, you'll turn up posts that mention AAC, including this one. Since I haven't arranged AAC in advance, I don't know their email address, but it gets posted here at least once aweek as other like you want airport transportation. As I mentioned, you certainly don't have to arrange transport in advance. I just get a limo at the airport.

You could type in "airport transportation Bangkok" or "guides Siem Reap" or any other phrase to find info.
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 09:11 AM

Ok, I just did the suggested search and found the address of AAC's website www.aaclimousine.com

Try oout the search function, it works pretty well.
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 01:34 PM

AAC is very good. It's great to have someone waiting for you when you stagger off the plane. Essentially, all you do is look for your name and collapse. It's Bob's specialty.