Search

Greetings from Thailand

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings from Thailand

Hi everybody
Right now we're in Krabi, at the central krabi bay resort. As we're members of the club we have free internet access so I just went through some of the new messages in here. When I read that D2 in Chiang Mai have made it to the CONDE NAST list, I just have to respond. Personally I find it VERY hard to understand. We spend 2 nights there last week and so far it has been the dissapointment of our vacation.The hotel/interior and the location is nice but the staff there are so young and inmature. The Dusit chain tries to sell it as a 5* but its not. On a good day 3.5*, but I will tell all about it later when we return home.
So far the best dining experiences have been
The peking duck at Orientals china house and the sunday Brunch at the four seasons Bangkok and not to forget lunch in Chiang Mai at the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi's restaurant Le Grand Lanna.
As mentioned right now we're in Krabi at a wonderfull resort CKBR, we have our on jacuzzi on the terresse and it really is a 5* resort. In 2 days we go back for last night in Bangkok, we will be staying at the new Hilton millenium. As we leave for Europe late sunday we have time for another brunch.........LOL Yeah we love nice restaurants and good food. I think we will try the Brunch at lord jim's at the Oriental.
bye for now

Old May 18th, 2006, 12:36 PM

I look forward to hearing about your lunch at Lord Jim's. We have reservations in June.
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:02 PM

Sounds like you are having a great time! Enjoy your next brunch in Bangkok
Old May 18th, 2006, 04:06 PM

juridf, I am sooooo jealous. I also sent an update to Fodors from the club at CKBR, so I know the exact luxury you are experiencing there. Isn't that place just wonderful?! I can't imagine how much nicer it'll be when it's finished too. I can't wait to go back and spend a week or more threre
Old May 18th, 2006, 04:30 PM

I haven't done lunch at Lord Jim's, but have done dinner since I stayed at the hotel. The food was quite good. If you're cold-natured, which I'm usually not, then take a light shawl or sweater as the air conditioning is artic frost in the restaurant.I was even uncomfortable with the temperature. Glad you liked the Four Season's brunch. I love the Four Season's food. I eat there and stay there regularly. I've never had a bad meal there in all the years I've eaten there. Happy Travels!