Golden Triangle tour recommendations

Old Jun 24th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golden Triangle tour recommendations

Hi there - I am looking for a 3-4 day excursion through the Golden Triangle in August. I'm wondering if anyone can make recommendations for an affordable, good company. We're open to a mix of activities - elephant camp, rafting, treking, visiting villages, etc.
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 05:58 PM

do it yourself or tour??
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 02:55 PM

When you are in Thailand you can get tours through local travel agencies. These tours are often cheaper than what you purchase while in a different country.

There are lots of travel agencies in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Phuket. Stop in, check out their menu selection of tours. Treks, tours to Long Neck Women's Village, elephant camps, rafting and even day and overnight tours to the Golden Triangle are available from Chiag Mai travel agencies. The Golden Triangle tour from Chiang Mai is also used by some tourists to extend their time in Thailand by getting their passports stamped in and out at the border.

When you are in Bangkok you can also check out some tours to the River Kwai area, Floating Market, Ancient City, dinner cruises, etc. You can select a tour the night before and leave the following morning. Sometimes you can get a dinner cruise in the morning and leave that same evening.

If you get your tour in Thailand you can be more flexible in your decisions. Some hotels also have tour desks that can set up the same tours a travel agency has, sometimes at a higher price.

Just another option.

Good luck.
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:41 PM

We used Sgt Kai on our 5 day tour of the Golden Triangle area-I can highly reccomend him
Old Jul 4th, 2010, 09:39 AM

Do you want the Golden Triangle in Thailand? Or India? I'm assuming Thailand because that's where this post is listed.