Search

Gof courses

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 04:49 AM
Eva

Gof courses

I read that there are supposed to be a couple of golf courses around Hua Hin. XCan anybody give us a hint where to find more informations about them. Do you think December is ok to go there, we read that it can get very wet? Thanks for your help

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 09:46 AM
Ursula

Hallo und guten Abend Eva: Stayed twice in Hua-Hin and just loved it. It was in March both times and weather was nice, but VERY humid. Decided not to play golf and just relaxed after trips to the Golden Triangle in the North of Thailand and second time around Bangkok (River Kwai, etc.). <BR>Check out www.hua-him.com <BR>You'll find a lot of info, also about golf courses. Weather should be fine in December. It's a very popular destination for Christmas get-aways. <BR>Don't miss the famous Sofitel Hotel for a cup of tea or a drink in the evening. <BR>Enjoy!

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Ursula

Entschuldigung: The website is <BR>www.hua-hin.com of course.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 11:02 AM
james allen

Hua Hin has some of Asia's best courses ( and cheapest!) Springfiled has a course, course hotel anda beach hotel. <BR>This company:- <BR>www.huahingolf.com, have mini-bus scheduled 'runs' to/from Dusit Resort & Polo Club, The Regent, Hilton, Sofitel, Marriot, Anantara and they are one really organised company!! By December the Hyatt Regency will have opened, so check seach 'hua hin golf' and you will find masses of links. Main courses are: Lakeview, Springfield, Majestic Creek, Royal Hua Hin, I think it is 8 championship courses in all, plus some other courses. Cha Am and Hua Hin are just 20 minutes apart, same resort really. Not much rain December, Hua Hin has about 'the' driest' climate of any Thai beach resort area. December is 'very' busy so book early. <BR>I cannot think of any other area with so many courses, and the beaches are great. History, eco-tourism and culture. Sailing and fishing also popular.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 11:13 AM
sarah

So many golf sites for Hua Hin. Agree huahingolf have a good site, I suggest using NBCI.com or Altavista.com and put in a search for 'Hua Hin Golf' and you will find everything you need. December is popular so book early. As other poster has said, it does not matter which hotel you stay at as they have so many mini-busescommuting between resorts and courses. Many hotels have golf packages including transfers and grren fees/caddies etc. Marriot Hotel, Golden Sands, Sofitel, Anantara are all nice hotels on the beach close to the greens. P.S Transfers from Bangkok Airport are currently 2,000 per car (US#45) but return from Hua Hin to Bangkok Airport cheaper, around 1,500 (US$35 per car).

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 11:58 AM
Eva

You were great help. Actually it was this web page that even gave us the idea to think about Hua Hin at all as we were already set for Phuket and didnīt look for golf courses at all. After I spend some hours on the Thorntree, this web is a lot more interesting and gives goodadvice. I will try to help our with hints in Germany on that page. But Iīm sure as we are going in November with the time of our planning some more questions will come up. Thanks again Eva and Andi