Search

Georgia (country) road trip report and video

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2023, 12:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Georgia (country) road trip report and video

Gorgia road trip report
A short summary of our summer trip to Georgia. I hope it comes in handy when planning a vacation in this beautiful country.
We rented the car in advance with company named Parent.ge and we were very satisfied with them. We paid 504 euros for a 7-day rental.

We did around 1500 km in Georgia. Tbilisi - Mcheta (Samtavro, Jvari, Svetitskhoveli monasteries) - driving along the Georgian military highway in Kazbegi (Ananuri fortress, Stepantsminda, Gveleti waterfalls, Church of the Holy Trinity/Gergeti Tsminda Sameba, Truso valley, Gudauri) - Uplistsikhe (cave city) – Gori - Katskhi pillar – drive to Ushguli via Zagar pass – Mestia – Batumi – Tbilisi.

We prefer regions of Kazbegi and Svaneti, where we made some nice hikes. We also really like the ride over the Zagar Pass which is very interesting and beautiful. (Because of this road, we decided to rent a car from a local company).

We didn’t like Batumi very much.

The asphalt roads are mostly fine to drive. When you plan your trip you have to be aware that it takes more time to move between locations than it says on google.

We bought a Georgian SIM card, which was cheap (5 euros), to call accommodation and surf on the internet. Wifi conections are also available in almost every accommodation. All accommodations we find on booking.
We spent nine days in Georgia but I would say it wasn’t enough. There are still a few things we must visit next time.
I also made a short video from our trip and you can check it here (watch in youtube to use 4K resolution option):

I hope I give you some useful information. Have a nice time and stay health.

Mirko

Last edited by mps23; Jan 25th, 2023 at 12:55 AM.
Old Jan 25th, 2023, 07:51 AM
Forum Moderator

Moved to Asia Forum and tagged for Georgia
Old Feb 24th, 2023, 01:56 AM
Original Poster

"Moved to Asia Forum and tagged for Georgia"
Ok. I didn't know where to write the report.
Geetings, Mirko