from Singapore to where???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. December 07, our family of 5 travelled from Cape Town to SE Asia with lots of help and advice from this forum - you guys really made our trip and I wrote an extensive trip report in return. We are a couple with a then to be 6 and 20 year old and of course the 74 year old grandma who thinks she is in her mid 40s.
Well, it's tiime to plan another trip and no way am I planning it without you, so please can you help get us started:
December 2011, we plan to fly from Cape Town to Singapore and spend 2 days there relaxing - where and what though? A resort on Sentosa? This part of the journey will be after leaving a very very pressurised job, so relax is the operative word.
Next we fly to Sydney and plan to spend about a week there- where and what?
At Christmas we plan to take a 16 day cruise from Sydney which ends in Singapore - I will post seperate questions on the cruise stops later.
When we get to Singapore we want to spend another week to 10 days doing something , but where and what.
One of the best parts of our last trip was in Thailand where we chilled all day, some beach time, some temple time and night markets in the evening - will we find that anywhere from Singapore? We don't mind taking a short flight from Singapore to go somewhere for this part of the trip. Anywhere we could snorkel and swim would be fantastic
Sorry to be so vague at this point but any input would be apprciated
thank you
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 08:57 PM

I was going to suggest Cambodia (Angkor Wat) until I realised you want beach time. Maybe Vietnam or a nice Malaysian resort.
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 07:04 AM

I have to say that you couldn't pay me enough to stay at Sentosa!

I'd stay in the city, choose a hotel with good access to the MRT. My fave is the Fairmont, but there are many, many wonderful choices. There is lots to see and do in SIngapore.

After your cruise... the place I immediately thought was was Bali. With 10 days, you could divide your time between an inland location near Ubud and a beach location such as Sanur.

There are also lovely beach resorts in Malaysia, but Bali's unique culture makes it very special.
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 07:15 AM

hi maeri... greetings from vietnam...

take a look at georgetown, penang, malaysia... its fantastic.. many like the E&O hotel but we stayed at a lovely small house lux hotel called clove hall....

i was just thinking about you yesterday as our daughter plans to come to SA next fall... maybe she could meet up with you if you are in town??

in singapore we stayed at the intercontinental... i will e mail you the deal for friends and family rate should you be interested...

bob
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Hi all, Bob you certainly get around!!! send your daughter to me with pleaseure and thanks for the link
Kathie - your advice has been invaluable before - remember you sorted me out with jewelryin Bangkok. I only said Sentosa because it soundd like a resort?? I really think for those 2 days we need chill time - very open to suggestions
Siverwool - We "did" Cambodia and Vietnam in depth, can you expand on the nice Malaysian resort idea.
Bali is more towards Australia right? and we need to keep more West as we are then en route back to Cape Town so possibly the Malaysia direction might be better
I am going to look into all suggestions so far - its very early days so we have lots of time to think